March
Murray
Locadia

Subs : Ryan, Montoya, Dunk, Pröpper, Bissouma, Jahanbakhsh, Izquierdo

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jun 27, 2012
Remember Bissouma is suspended for that avoidable yellow card v Derby.

Balogun is back in training.

Sanders, Molumby and Gyokeres are all potential u23 step ups and all fit.

Gross is potentially back training this week. Andone - no word yet.

Hughton picked a far stronger team for united quarter final last season than in earlier rounds - although there was some rotation.

Last edited:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Play the strongest team possible.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
We haven’t got another game until the 30th March so let’s go for it. Annoying that Bissouma is suspended.

Button
Bruno - Burn - Dunk - Bernardo
Kayal - Stephens - Sanders
March - Murray - Jahankabash

Subs; Ryan, Montoya, Duffy, Propper, Knockaert, Izquierdo, Locadia​

WhingForPresident

Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I assume Groß and Andone won't be rushed back so :

Button

Bruno
Burn
Duffy
Bong

Kayal
Stephens
Sanders

March
Murray
Locadia

Subs : Ryan, Montoya, Dunk, Pröpper, Bissouma, Jahanbakhsh, Izquierdo

Are you having a laugh?! Why on earth would we put our second string out in an FA Cup quarter-final after not having a game for 8 days and not having one after for nearly two weeks?

Ryan

Montoya
Duffy
Dunk
Bernardo

Knockaert
Stephens
Propper
Izquierdo

Jahanbakhsh

Murray

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Are you having a laugh?! Why on earth would we put our second string out in an FA Cup quarter-final after not having a game for 8 days and not having one after for nearly two weeks?

Ryan

Montoya
Duffy
Dunk
Bernardo

Knockaert
Stephens
Propper
Izquierdo

Jahanbakhsh

Murray
OK, that's a fair view.

Although I doubt Izquierdo will start.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
If my undestanding of the prize fund is correct, reaching the semi would be worth an extra 1.6m in prize money alone, with a share of the 80k gate receipts to take home as well. More importantly it's a chance to reach the semi-final of the FA Cup at Wembley!

It would be madness to play anything other than our strongest team, which is probably similar to the 11 that started on Saturday.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
We haven’t got another game until the 30th March so let’s go for it. Annoying that Bissouma is suspended.

Button
Bruno - Burn - Dunk - Bernardo
Kayal - Stephens - Sanders
March - Murray - Jahankabash

Subs; Ryan, Montoya, Duffy, Propper, Knockaert, Izquierdo, Locadia​

I'd go very close to this. Bruno, for me, has to start, the Cup can hopefully be his extremely long goodbye. Button deserves a go too, and probably Burn too. Beyond that, I'm not convinced that we want to weaken things much further. So, Propper instead of Sanders. Who plays on the wings is really open to interpretation, and it's becoming quite difficult to establish a hierarchy between them. I'd probably go with the two you pick, but a lot hinges on Izquierdo and whether it'll be deemed beneficial for him to have a start, giving him the minutes under the belt so that he can kick on at the business end of the season.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Yeah he probably isn't match-fit, March to slot in if not. My logic being that his pace makes PL full-backs nervous, Championship ones will be glad they've got dark coloured shorts when they see they're coming up against him.

My logic for March over Izquierdo was mainly down to feeling that a lot of these Prem teams who have lost at The Den is largely down to the fact that they’ve got a squad full of players who go in to the game not knowing what to expect against Millwall. Playing a team of Izquierdo, Propper, Jahankabash, Locadia etc would set us up for something similar. Playing a squad with experience of The Den who won’t be phased is key IMO.

Edit: managed to send halfway through my message.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Strongest team possible has to be the way to go .... only injuries & suspensions should be omitted from what should be our best 1st team with no reason to go weaker with an international break & of course the huge plus of reaching a semi at Wembley

Do it for Bruno is what I say ... Do it for Murray ... what better way of both of them to celebrate their careers than a cup final with the Albion.

WhingForPresident

Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
My logic for March over Izquierdo was mainly down to feeling that a lot of these Prem teams who have lost at The Den is largely down to the fact that they’ve got a squad full of players who go in to the game not knowing what to expect against Millwall. Playing a team of Izquierdo, Propper, Jahankabash, Locadia etc would set us up for something similar. Playing a squad with experience of The Den who won’t be phased is key IMO.

Edit: managed to send halfway through my message.

Fair point.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

Ryan

Montoya
Duffy
Dunk
Bernardo

Knockaert
Stephens
Propper
Izquierdo

Jahanbakhsh

Murray

Because frustratingly CH said as much post Palace.

I agree with you and this pervasive fear of relegation shouldn’t stop us looking a relative gift horse in the mouth.

For me to navigate this potential banana skin we need to put out some of our experienced heads who know what a hostile trip to Zampa Road is actually like.

Four key players would be:-

Dunk
Stephens
Kayal
Murray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
My guess as to CH's line up:

Button

Bruno
Duffy
Burn
Bong

Propper
Stephens
Kayal

Locadia
Murray
March

I'd be fine with it tbh. Duffy and Burn very likely starters as you would imagine we will be dealing with a fair amount of aerial challenges. Bruno and Bong as they have missed out recently, Locadia similarly. Midfield 3 picks itself with Bissouma suspended. He might go JL through the middle and start either AJ or AK but we shall see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here