Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Real Madrid appoint new manager

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And it's . . . . Zizou . . .again. On a 3 year contract. How very peculiar.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
And it's . . . . Zizou . . .again. On a 3 year contract. How very peculiar.

But wasn't it he who left them, rather than them sacking him. There were things he was deeply unhappy about, so presumably they have sorted them out.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Maybe he knew they were heading for a bad patch (on their terms) so scarpered, let someone else take the flak for it, and now can come in on a "team building" mission when no-one expects him to win everything immediately.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
That'll be Bale shipped out for sure. I wonder if Real would accept 3 confiscated flasks a packet of wine gums and 10,000 bottle tops as payment.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpeg

Nice to see you again Mr Z, we will get you a club tracksuit as soon as possible :ohmy:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
What is he wearing ?
He heard what they were going to offer the Portugeezer a year and thought 'I'll have some of that please'.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
This is a good appointment, if Zidane does as well at Real Madrid as he did at Real Madrid, it will be very impressive.

Joking aside, will be interesting to see how he gets on. I hardly think RM are a spent force, but they’ve definitely lost their way a bit

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
It'll all come down to transfers this summer you'd imagine. If they've offered him a lot of leeway to rebuild as necessary and get goals (and Isco and Marcelo) back into the team, then they'll be fine next year.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Too bloody right. THIS is the way a football manager should dress

View attachment 105643

I couldn't agree more. I think I prefer Chris with his beard; no one is going to mess with that look. I wish (or the 70s rock dude in me does) that he'd grow his hair out... he'd look f'ing awesome.

Rock on Chris.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Wonder how much he's been promised to rebuild the side - £500m?

Top English sides should be worried.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
That'll be Bale shipped out for sure. I wonder if Real would accept 3 confiscated flasks a packet of wine gums and 10,000 bottle tops as payment.

Can Palace afford that?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Wonder how much he's been promised to rebuild the side - £500m?

Top English sides should be worried.

I'm sure Spurs fans are the opposite of worried now, indeed this news is timely for them as another 2 or 3 weeks of uncertainty over Pochettino could have wrecked their season completely.

With Zidane back at Real and Solskjaer all but assured of the Utd job Poch looks likely to remain at Tottenham. The ultimate nightmare of him leaving for Real and taking a Kane / Alli / Eriksen with him are gone for now, and with Poch still at Spurs the chances or losing Kane or Alli decrease significantly.

I fancy Eriksen will leave but at least they'll have a shot at getting Bale back in the process.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am sure I read in a paper that Bale would not come back to any team in The Premier because his wage is well in excess of any player in the Premier and nobody could afford him. I think the figure of £650k per week was mentioned but I could be mistaken.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here