Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Cardiff fans bothered?

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I just got around to watching the rest of MOTD from Saturday, Cardiff had a must win game, against inconsistent opposition. 3pm not on telly. Yet LOTS of empty seats all over the ground. Why? It clashed with the rugby but even so.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Because it clashed with the rugby, surely. So much bigger in Wales than football

Not at club level. Well, not any more. Sad really.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Because it clashed with the rugby, surely. So much bigger in Wales than football
The six Nations is huge here, especially with Wales on course for a grand slam. Not surprised that many decided to go to the pub/Scotland instead.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

They don't deserve to stay up then. They can keep their precious rugby. Which, incidentally, is an English sport.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You'd think the English would be better at it then.

Now now.

It is only a mere 22 years since you and [MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION] had a tango fandango around English Welsh things. A mere 22 years. And I have a photo of you both, in relative harmony, in the Cricketers in Gillingham a mere 2 years later. Let's not resurrect old tensions, eh? ??

Bugger. Too late. My bad. :rolleyes:

(Hoity toity, indeed :rant:).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They don't deserve to stay up then. They can keep their precious rugby. Which, incidentally, is an English sport.

Developed for the export trade......................

.....all those young public school wallahs sent out to run the antipodean parts of the empire and all that (as well as Wales, I suppose; and France.....)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They probably don't have that many season ticket holders.

Edit: Just looked and by the end of May, had 21000.

More than Palace then.

Egg chasing is still king though. Mr K is a Swans fan, but I guarantee you: given the choice of a vital Swans league game or a Wales Six Nations clash, he'd choose Poshball every time. He's already excited beyond belief for this coming weekend (Grand Slam time apparently).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here