Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert vs Palace fans

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
"DERMOT'S VERDICT: Correct decision, just a booking.

DERMOT SAYS: I think the referee [Craig Pawson] has got it almost right. I think both players are culpable and I do not think it is a red card because both players go two footed. Milivojevic, for me, is equally culpable, he has gone with his boots as well and a split second the other way, it could have been a boot in the other person. So I think both players should have got yellow cards there and it has to be quite a serious foul for a red card, so the referee was quite right not to send him off."

In terms of Knocky's foot being high - Milivojevic's leg actually goes over Knocky's (hence Knocky catching his nuts). If you freeze the picture before they collide, they're in identical poses - one arm up, the other on the ground with their weight on their elbows. Legs in the same position too. A ref would have been wrong IMO, but I can understand Knocky being the only one to get a card. I know it's not in the book, but getting the ball (not balls) has to count for something.

What did Dermot say about Townsend initiating the contact for the penalty?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The only thing shown on the website is Knocky's challenge. Nothing about the penalty for Duffy either.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Of course, what they all fail to recognise entirely in their rage at Knockaert not being sent off, is that we've already stiffed them with ten men this season.
Stiffed ???

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No one seems to have mentioned Milowhathisname rolled about clutching his SHIN

I think he has one hand on his shin and the other on his ball bag, to be fair. Zero sympathy from me, of course, as he is a thug.

Also, nobody has mentioned James Tompkins' shameless attempt to make up for his glorious balls-up by diving into Knockaert in the box at the end of the first half, so if Palace are after the moral high ground, then they can do one.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Palace had us on their official website fixture list as "B******n", so, y'know, professional is as professional does...

Doesn't mean we have to be dicks too though, does it? ???

As I've said, I love Knocky and if you took the passion out of him he'd be a shell of a player. I just wonder if a smug smile would have made them even more incensed...

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Have to say still buzzing and working my way through Palace Vlogs. It appears that every single Palace fan has made a personal video of them enjoying the game. I have now watched 21,421 of them and will never tire of seeing their reactions to Knocky's goal.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Have to say still buzzing and working my way through Palace Vlogs. It appears that every single Palace fan has made a personal video of them enjoying the game. I have now watched 21,421 of them and will never tire of seeing their reactions to Knocky's goal.

Likewise, just a shame there’s no decent footage from the Palace end of the scenes in the away end when AK score.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Likewise, just a shame there’s no decent footage from the Palace end of the scenes in the away end when AK score.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Quite. I was rather hoping for something along the lines of Sheffield Massive Wednesday's infamous "If you don't fookin' bounce then you're a Bla...oh bollocks" video.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
sqkzHtf.jpg
That is really pathetic. Pathetic and disrespectful. What a grubby little club-a perfect fit for that awful Reid woman.

Can anybody imagine The Albion doing that?

We shouldn't be surprised though: this is the club that gave us PooGate after all.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That is really pathetic. Pathetic and disrespectful. What a grubby little club-a perfect fit for that awful Reid woman.

We shouldn't be surprised though: this is the club that gave us PooGate after all.

Back fired wonderfully.

B******* took the three points.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

Parish was probably told to do it by one of the Holmesdale Pathetics that run the club.....

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes

Spot on.

Townsend drags his right leg to ensure a realistic 'tumble' over Gross's thigh. Much more subtle than Tompkins leaping into AK, going down like a sack 'o' shite then clutching his head like he'd been right hooked by Tyson. :wanker:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Could you post a link to a couple of your favourites?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Back fired wonderfully.

B******* took the three points.

They try too hard to prove their total lack of class-the three points will keep them at bay for a while.

Odious club and I hope Watford batter them because I've had enough of them this season. I guess it is too much to ask for them to be relegated?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They try too hard to prove their total lack of class-the three points will keep them at bay for a while.

Odious club and I hope Watford batter them because I've had enough of them this season. I guess it is too much to ask for them to be relegated?

With the comfort of 6 points, I ready to forget about that lot now for 6 months. They've been discussed and laughed at to death.l

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here