Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cloud at the Amex

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
I know it's use is supposed to be limited but does anyone get any connection with it at all? I had assumed I would at least be able to connect with the Club website for match news, but never do. If others succeed, what am I doing wrong?

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
I use it and it's ok for me when I'm out on the concourse but when I go into my seat I can't get on it at all.
I have heard that they are thinking of putting a new system in that will give more bandwidth to share so if this goes ahead things should improve.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I never seem to have any luck with it and don't really know why. I've got a iPhone that's about a year old, and use the Vodafone network, in case those details are pertinent. I guess they probably aren't.

I can sometimes access live scores via the app but the rest of the internet is a problem, as is sending texts, while at the ground.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Clearly visible here.

amex-stadium-fine-art-brighton-hove-albion-14645849.jpg

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Works OK most of the time for me.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I sometimes have to log back in again which can be a pain. Uploading videos to facebook I'd question though. Once outside though I get nothing, neither calls or data. On Virgin because it's cheap and rarely use my phone.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It was massively under-specced by Sky. I think the actual internet connection was under-specced too, but the club didn't want to pay any more for it.

Stadium WiFi in the UK is so crap. In the US, NFL owners pay for good wireless to be installed and maintained as it is all part of the fan engagement, keep people there for longer etc. In the UK, no-one wants to pay for anything and are more interested in you taking a sponsorship deal or bulk buying some hospitality so the deal is cash neutral (at best.)

So you end up with Sky and the like getting involved, doing some kind of partnership where they get all our details and get to see what we are doing.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
I never seem to have any luck with it and don't really know why. I've got a iPhone that's about a year old, and use the Vodafone network, in case those details are pertinent. I guess they probably aren't.

I can sometimes access live scores via the app but the rest of the internet is a problem, as is sending texts, while at the ground.
Same - Vodafone/iPhone - absolutely useless after about 2:20 until train home gets to Moulscoomb, 4G just as useless.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Absolutely fine for me in the North and throughout games. The only time I struggle is when I'm waiting for the coach to leave the ground; the 4G then is unusable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here