Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] When Will PB Deliver His Thousand Word Sermon On The Evils Of Pitch Invasion?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
is the guy in the red top, just above the crossbar, four in from the right, just about to throw a bottle?

ban him.

paint-brush-palette-items-drawing-pictures-32988805.jpg

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Long time til the next home game. Doubt he'll be able to bite his tongue til his next set of Programme Notes. Expect a stern email sometime soon from the Eternally Disappointed Headmaster.

Your PB knocking is both boring and tiresome. Have you ever met the man and if so were you as brave face to face?

Last edited:

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
.. instead hire professional fans to fill the seats in the same way clubs like Arsenal have those flag wavers for when they score?

As an aside, is there ANYTHING (excluding all PaLLace nonsense of course) more tinpot than those bloody flag wavers. Makes me cringe every time they score.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Chuba Akpom invaded the Amex pitch ran around a bit and went off, I remember he had a full kit on including boots ???

You’re mistaking him for Leon Best. Akpom left the field to silence, Best left to resounding boos - the traditional exit reserved for invaders [take note Birmingham City].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I think it happened twice in the first season at the AMEX, One against Liverpool as mentioned, I cant remember the other, both times they got boo'd and come off the the chant W****r W****r.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Time to ban all fans from stadiums I imagine.

That would stop anyone with nefarious plans.

Surely they only need to ban fans from the lower tiers? Unless those in the upper tiers bring ropes there's little risk.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You PB knocking is both boring and tiresome. Have you ever met the man and if so were you as brave face to face?

There's no 'bravery' involved. Just find PB's posturing/lecturing absurd, not to mention a bit of an insult to the fanbase who were here long before PB's arrival and who will be here long after he's gone :wave:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
There's no 'bravery' involved. Just find PB's posturing/lecturing absurd, not to mention a bit of an insult to the fanbase who were here long before PB's arrival and who will be here long after he's gone :wave:

You talk about the fan base as if it’s a fixed body that fought the war years and enjoy all types of what gets termed “banter” - you know, bottle throwing, standing in seating areas, running on the pitch, abusing players, swearing. Yes a lot of us were there but I would hazard a guess that over 75% of Amex STH never had one previously.

Ok, he has to keep the fans on board, but he also has to think of the corporate side of the club that like it or not generates most money.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Fully expecting some reference to it all to be made in statement / email / interview.

Can't return to the dark days etc , we at Brighton .............. , anyone found to .................

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
A lot of dicks went on after the Wigan game ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very good ....... you know what I meant ..... DURING a game :facepalm: ( York and Bournemouth excepted )

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You talk about the fan base as if it’s a fixed body that fought the war years and enjoy all types of what gets termed “banter” - you know, bottle throwing, standing in seating areas, running on the pitch, abusing players, swearing. Yes a lot of us were there but I would hazard a guess that over 75% of Amex STH never had one previously.

Ok, he has to keep the fans on board, but he also has to think of the corporate side of the club that like it or not generates most money.

So that makes it ok for PB to constantly hector and lecture the 99.8% of folks who have no agenda other than to go and watch a game of football? ???

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I know you've started the thread as a tongue in cheek post BUT you've got to be a bit of a dick to invade the pitch no ?
...... and you'd have to be a bit of a dick to think it would be necessary to lecture 30,000 Albion fans about not doing it. Here's hoping for an absence of dick-wittery from certain quarters in the next couple of weeks.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
So that makes it ok for PB to constantly hector and lecture the 99.8% of folks who have no agenda other than to go and watch a game of football? ???

I would be astonished if every CEO of every football club didn’t comment on this weekend’s events in their next programme notes.

You call it “hector and lecture”, I don’t

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Email to come by the middle of the week, notifying all that seating will be strictly enforced as it is easier to spot any potential pitch invader if everyone else is sitting down. Anyone standing while the game is in in progress will be viewed as a potential pitch invader and will be immediately ejected from the stadium (for life).

For those that have weak bladders, like to go to the concourse ahead of half time or to leave early, they will need to purchase (on a per game basis) colour coded permission slips.

Match Cat C £5 per voucher
Match Cat B £7.50 per voucher
Match Cat A £10 per voucher

In addition later arrivals either at the start of the match or returning form half time will not be permitted to take up their seats but will have to remain on the concourse

Careful what you wish for!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
As an aside, is there ANYTHING (excluding all PaLLace nonsense of course) more tinpot than those bloody flag wavers. Makes me cringe every time they score.

I notice that Chelsea have now decided to copy them. FFS all we need now is for Man City to start with goal music.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I would be astonished if every CEO of every football club didn’t comment on this weekend’s events in their next programme notes.

You call it “hector and lecture”, I don’t
There's more than one way of commenting. A brief friendly reminder in the programme notes is one thing..................................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here