Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Best Ever Away Support at Palace

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Been to a few of the games there. This one was better than mcshane one.

Pretty sure we had the whole stand for the 1-0 mcshane. I was right by where the ultras sit anyway.

5-0 we had at least 5000 there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was definitely only half. I remember it vididly. When we scored, [MENTION=5729]sir albion[/MENTION] accidentally punched me in the face going mental. I got up, wiped my bloody nose and carried on going ape shit :D

They have us the entire stand for the 5-0

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Cant remember that one - what can you remember?

A fun day out to Croydon with a bunch of fine chaps. At that time the away section was half of the terraced holmesdale end. I think it was shortly after they'd demolished the white horse end to turn in to Sainsbury's. Anyway, interesting being right next to them.
If you think Selhurst is crap now, should of seen it then.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Are you on about the one where everyone got on at Haywards Heath and broke in to the buffet car ?
Free drinks for everyone.

We always used to meet up at HH back then. Don't remember the buffet but sounds about right.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Anyone know how many we had at the McShane game? Absolutely brilliant night out.

I’m pretty sure we had 4.8k for the 5-0 but it may have been cut for the one you are talking about to 3.5k.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I’m pretty sure we had 4.8k for the 5-0 but it may have been cut for the one you are talking about to 3.5k.

We had the whole of that side for the 5-0. A day that started so well. I was living not far from the Dials at the time, and as I came down past the Belle Vue, you could hear the singing from outside the Bell & the station. This was about 11:00 a.m. Saw so many faces that I hadn't seen for years. Great journey up, then the game of football spoilt it a bit. All good fun though.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Thinking back over the years, which game at Selhurst Park has seen the highest numbers of Albion fans and / or the loudest support?

Prompted by a picture posted by Return of the Rev in another thread, my mind went back to the days before tickets and number restrictions, to when I was a teenage schoolboy. Would it have been around 1979-80? I think we must have had 6,000 - 7,000 at Selhurst Park, most on the terrace behind the goal. Amazing numbers and atmosphere - I think the total crowd was around 30,000, and there was plenty of hostility. I remember seeing a schoolmate with blood pouring out of a headwound. I think it was the game where Budgie and his mates went in the Palace end temporarily.

Anyway, which is the best turnout you can remember, and the highest total crowd at a Palace away game?

Went up on a coach from the Ham Hotel in East Worthing for that one, stepped of the coach first at Selhurst, cos I really needed a pee, and got headbutted straight away, broke my nose, and the bloke who nutted me took of like a greyhound. OB must have questioned me about six times about the claret all over my Levi jacket

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
We had the whole of that side for the 5-0. A day that started so well. I was living not far from the Dials at the time, and as I came down past the Belle Vue, you could hear the singing from outside the Bell & the station. This was about 11:00 a.m.

Up to the actual match it was a great day out .................... it was a brilliant atmosphere around the station.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If you believe some reports the 5-0 game we had one of the largest firms seen out that day. The 1-0 was epic loads of Albion in Covent Garden until the OB moved in. Ended up in a packed boozer in Thornton Heath Albion lads sniffing gear of any flat surface available :) Probably my favourite away game.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
If you believe some reports the 5-0 game we had one of the largest firms seen out that day. The 1-0 was epic loads of Albion in Covent Garden until the OB moved in. Ended up in a packed boozer in Thornton Heath Albion lads sniffing gear of any flat surface available :) Probably my favourite away game.

Can't remember which pub we were in but we got taken out the back way and held for a while then kettled to the ground, few shops getting done on the way. Sure there was a picture of Brighton lads on the platform that day ???

Have they taken down the sign BEWARE OF PICKPOCKETS?

In the late seventies, my sheepskin jacket empty pocket was knifed away. Petrol cap was stolen on the car as well after a parking dispute.

Recall there was fighting at Norwood junction, Selhurst and Thornton heath Stations after games, can recall even been on my toes past west Croydon Station.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
FA Cup replay at Hartlepool surely?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Thinking back over the years, which game at Selhurst Park has seen the highest numbers of Albion fans and / or the loudest support?

Prompted by a picture posted by Return of the Rev in another thread, my mind went back to the days before tickets and number restrictions, to when I was a teenage schoolboy. Would it have been around 1979-80? I think we must have had 6,000 - 7,000 at Selhurst Park, most on the terrace behind the goal. Amazing numbers and atmosphere - I think the total crowd was around 30,000, and there was plenty of hostility. I remember seeing a schoolmate with blood pouring out of a headwound. I think it was the game where Budgie and his mates went in the Palace end temporarily.

Anyway, which is the best turnout you can remember, and the highest total crowd at a Palace away game?

It was carnage. We lost 3-1? After the game it was like 28 Days Later. Best day of my life. :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here