"Here come the teams so let's sing our song, we don't need the lyrics"
Was he taking the mickey out of us?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As the teams came out he said something like
That's the guy who asks them the surname of who has just scored, just after telling them who scored?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
As the teams came out he said something like

What he should have said was "Here come the teams, so let's sing Tottenham's song."

Dave Clark actually formed the DC5 to raise money for Spurs. They were also referred to in the sixties as playing the 'Tottenham Sound'

'Horrible Suburban' Crystal Palace can't even run out to a song that has any connection with where they come from, but to choose a song by a band formed to raise money for another club seems particularly desperate.

In return for them giving us six points I've tried to help them out by finding them a song of their own. I've Googled 'bands from Croydon' and read that Saint Etienne are said to hail from there. Considering their home form, the condition of the stadium, the fans fighting among themselves, the owners putting them up for sale, and their rivals doing the double over them, what could be better for them to run out to, but this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4szHXagmryo

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I think it’s this chap:
Twitter: [MENTION=26285]Selhurst[/MENTION]_sound

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Most appropriate song for them to come on to the pitch to would be ....

London's burning, London's burning,
Pour on water pour on water etc etc.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
It annoys me that they play the theme music from The Long Good Friday, one of my favourite films, before kick off. It’s about an East End gangster and, like Glad All Over, has nothing whatever to do with South Norwood.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Surely their song should be 'Wilf fell over', not 'Glad all over' ?

Think that one has legs. We should sing it at the next game against our former rivals,. "And then.. clap clap.. Wilf fell over, clap clap Wilf fell over"

Like it.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
It annoys me that they play the theme music from The Long Good Friday, one of my favourite films, before kick off. It’s about an East End gangster and, like Glad All Over, has nothing whatever to do with South Norwood.

Well I suggested to them Elvis singing "In the ghetto" but sadly it wasn't appreciated.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Think that one has legs. We should sing it at the next game against our former rivals,. "And then.. clap clap.. Wilf fell over, clap clap Wilf fell over"

Like it.

Unless we meet them in the cup, I doubt we'll be playing Palace with Wilf in the line-up again. Hopefully he'll go to China.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Perhaps they play it because they're trying to recreate the plot: The Yanks getting out of town because they don't want to be associated with the giant mess, Parish as Harold, the boss being unable to build what he had planned, being totally unaware of how out of his depth he is, finding that his methods are out of date and his organisation small time. I can see him being driven home, slowly realising that he's stuffed, whatever he does.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here