Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Ronnie O'Sullivan

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
has just made 1,000 career century breaks in winning the Players Snooker Championship in Preston.

That is an absolutely phenomenal achievement and has to put him right up there with the very best sportsmen and sportswomen in their careers. The frightening thing is he's just getting better and better it seems. Can he win another world championship next month?

Genius. :clap:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Almost certainly the greatest player ever. The record books though still have Hendry at 7 world titles to O'Sullivan 5

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A very interesting person, too. I have a lot of time for him. Not least for his manual dexterity.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
The greatest ever player, a remarkable talent.
Only flaw is he comes across as a prick at times.

He's got bipolar disorder and until you learn about it and the way it affects the mind, you're making yourself look very ignorant.

Considering how boring Stephen Hendry was, it just makes me more respectful of what he's achieved. At times he's done the wrong thing in the public eye but he'll always be the greatest and most exciting snooker player - more than Alex Higgins and Jimmy White.

The people's champion. :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He's got bipolar disorder and until you learn about it and the way it affects the mind, you're making yourself look very ignorant.

Considering how boring Stephen Hendry was, it just makes me more respectful of what he's achieved. At times he's done the wrong thing in the public eye but he'll always be the greatest and most exciting snooker player - more than Alex Higgins and Jimmy White.

The people's champion. :thumbsup:

This.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
The greatest ever player, a remarkable talent.
Only flaw is he comes across as a prick at times.

I used to think that, but recently he's come across as decent bloke. Great to watch, a showman with real
talent who despises jumped-up authority.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
It's people like Ronnie who will inspire future generations as well as the present to have an interest in the game. Much moreso than the likes of Henry and Davis before him. The fact that he could probably beat most of his opponents left handed is all the more remarkable.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
The greatest natural talent I think the game has ever seen. Add in a compulsive personality, and that creates a player like no other we've ever seen, or will ever see again.

Love that on the red to bring up the 1000th century, he switches to pot it left handed.

Sums him up. So good, he has to try and make the game a little harder, but he is so good playing left handed, that it really isn't much harder at all.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Tough looking match for the Rocket this afternoon in the Masters QF against local favourite The Hawk.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here