Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Police in Croydon yesterday

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I have little respect for the OB, too many similar incidents, not all football related. They kept a low profile when the riots kicked off in London a few years back, not so confident then at the exact time they were needed the most

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Football should be about a fun day out with your families these days? not that sort of policing or fans attacking players?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I have little respect for the OB, too many similar incidents, not all football related. They kept a low profile when the riots kicked off in London a few years back, not so confident then at the exact time they were needed the most

The night of the Croydon riots the locals were left to do the policing. The ones that weren’t rioting of course.
Complete pr*cks in that video. I remember taking my two daughters to Selhurst when we lost 5-0 and the police thought it good policing to knock my daughter flying with a police horse whilst we were being kettled.

Last edited:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
The night of the Croydon riots the locals were left to do the policing. The ones that weren’t rioting of course.
Complete pr*cks in that video. I remember taking my two daughters to Selhurst when we lost 5-0 and they thought it good policing to knock my daughter flying with a police horse whilst we were being kettled.

Unbelievable, scum (them not you :lolol:)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
If my dad was in hospital after being arrested I think I would have other thing on my mind that celebrating.

Note of course I'm not condoning what the police did.

He's definitely upset.

It's not compulsory to put everything that happened in your day on Twitter.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Let’s hope justice is done and this doesn’t go any further. It must be quite distressing for all involved.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I'm certainly not condoning what has happened in regards to the police action with the fellas dad.
The police, especially in London, are having a hard time policing the boroughs, especially with the recent knife crimes and terrorist incidents.
It certainly doesn't help with the media hyping up Saturdays game as a so called M23 derby, from something that happened between Mullery and Venables, all those years ago.
This IMO, has a knock on effect with the police segregating rival fans because of the hype and intel.
As already mentioned, I hope the club does look at this and the educate people involved with the liasoning to the police.
We are a family club after all :thumbsup:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Metropolitan Football Policing Manual Article 7

What to do when you are all geared up, widespread public disorder has not broken out at all but you fancy a scrap anyway?
Answer: The old...... Push the complainant away from incident but into the back of another officer allowing numerous other officers to throw complainant face down in the concrete whilst screaming stop resisting .....manoeuvre

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
But apparently Sussex police are the real ******** because they didn't let a few Palace fans take fireworks in or some such nonsense.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
It certainly doesn't help with the media hyping up Saturdays game as a so called M23 derby, from something that happened between Mullery and Venables, all those years ago.:

Even the Met Police called it the M23 derby on their MPS Football Unit Twitter feed before the match.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
The bloke in this video is a mate of mine. He understandably was not happy with the way the police were treating his son for no reason. Ended up arrested, charged with affray, spent today in hospital due to injuries caused by the police and with his season ticket taken away. Serious over reaction by the old bill and I really hope Paul Barber looks at this video before banning a bloke who was just trying to look after his son

I'd be interested in hearing how that pans out with our Mr Barber. I think I can guess the answer but hope for sense to prevail. I wish him luck

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
I've found it quite easy to get away from the ground the last couple of times. Just asked to get past the cordon as I was parked in that direction and they've let me go...maybe I have an honest smile ???

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
And that policing is why I dont bother with Selhurst games anymore.....got kettled to the station once when I wanted to go back to Northolt!! (West London) Told old for that shit now.

Myself and some friends nearly ended up on a train out of Chesterfield after a match, had to escape as we traveled by car.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
???
Well it sounded like you were implying something like that.

What exactly did you mean then?

If my dad was in hospital as a result in being arrested I wouldn't open up twitter and tweet "Oh what a nightttt��"

I'm not disputing anything I just think its unusual

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
If my dad was in hospital as a result in being arrested I wouldn't open up twitter and tweet "Oh what a nightttt��"

I'm not disputing anything I just think its unusual

From my experiences with hospitals, there are long periods of sitting around with nothing to do as you wait. These days, that means the phones come out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here