Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Police in Croydon yesterday

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Just come across this video online, of the policing of Albion fans at the game yesterday, seems VERY heavy handed. Video caption says it left the chap in hospital. Anyone who was there yesterday see anything else like this?

[tweet]1104787765055684613[/tweet]

EDIT: please be advised there's a lot of effing and jeffing in the video, just in case you don't want to hear that.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
It's always been the same at this fixture, they just kettle you to the train station and make you get on a train, even if you don't live in Sussex! Remember back in the early noughties coming out with the crowd, trying to make my way to a bus stop to catch the bus home and being push back and forth to the train station. They wouldn't listen, didn't give a shit, they just want to overwhelm you with force to keep you intimidated.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
On our way back right near The station on one of the streets they allowed palace to be so close . Which allowed bottles etc to b thrown nephew has the video . When I asked why they had allowed them to b so close was told by a female officer to “ move on or you’ll be arrested “ .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lewesian Seagull

Jul 13, 2003
Lewes
The bloke in this video is a mate of mine. He understandably was not happy with the way the police were treating his son for no reason. Ended up arrested, charged with affray, spent today in hospital due to injuries caused by the police and with his season ticket taken away. Serious over reaction by the old bill and I really hope Paul Barber looks at this video before banning a bloke who was just trying to look after his son

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
It's always been the same at this fixture, they just kettle you to the train station and make you get on a train, even if you don't live in Sussex! Remember back in the early noughties coming out with the crowd, trying to make my way to a bus stop to catch the bus home and being push back and forth to the train station. They wouldn't listen, didn't give a shit, they just want to overwhelm you with force to keep you intimidated.

Not always. Never happened like that after the Kelvin Morton game and others back in the day of real hooliganism. I only remember getting directed in one direction after being let out. Certainly had no problem discussing the season's aggregate score with a couple of Scummers.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Similar thing happened to me many years ago. I was living in London and was kettled to the station where I didn’t want to go. I was with a girl and We ended up having an argument with a copper. We were stationary as we argued and the kettle had moved on someway down the road as we went back and forth verbally. Eventually I said to the copper “we have done nothing wrong, we don’t want to go to the station, you have no right to make us go to the station, and the easiest thing for you to do now is leave us here and run and catch up with your colleagues.” - he saw sense and left us. The copper was an absolute arrogant cocksure bellend; how the **** do people like him get jobs? As an aside I am certain it helped there was a female with me though, I probably wouldn’t have stood my ground if I was on my own.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Not always. Never happened like that after the Kelvin Morton game and others back in the day of real hooliganism. I only remember getting directed in one direction after being let out. Certainly had no problem discussing the season's aggregate score with a couple of Scummers.

Quite, I remember doing and going wherever I wanted after the games at Selhurst in the 80's.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Out of order by the police here, total overreaction, FFS how many meat heads does it take?

I know the Albion fan arrested and he's a decent man, definitely not a trouble maker.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
The problem here is over zealous policing. I have no doubt that for a some of the coppers that police these games it's a good chance to let out some aggression onto Joe public. It's incidents like this when things have the real potential to turn real nasty.

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
0130 who took the guy down should be suspended for that. No doubt Balkham will shrug it off without having the balls to denounce an assault. Birmingham steward arrested for less of an assault than this!!!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Very rude to me yesterday. A very pissed of WPC saying "everyone says that" when I explained I was local.

They get this fixture wrong.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Now what I don't get is if this blokes dad was the man in the video why isnt he more upset on his Twitter feed. He tweets about celebrating the win, something seems a bit odd

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Now what I don't get is if this blokes dad was the man in the video why isnt he more upset on his Twitter feed. He tweets about celebrating the win, something seems a bit odd

FFS Sherlock, is it not allowed to celebrate a cracking win?
Nothing odd at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here