Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Police in Croydon yesterday

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This is EXACTLY why I do not go to this fixture any more.

I will not be treated like an animal.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I've studied the video closely. The female officer with the gingerish pony tail seems unnecessarily heavy handed with her pushing and shoving and her behaviour was only likely to provoke and inflame the situation. The people she was pushing were moving forward anyway and all her behaviour was doing was increasing tension. If you are moving forward anyway, to have a police officer constantly shoving you in the back is only likely to provoke you and you can only move forward at the speed of the people in front of you any way.

I think it was therefore quite reasonable under those circumstances for the two men to turn around and challenge or question the manner in which they were being treated which they did in a totally non-aggressive but rightfully pissed off manner.

However the point at which the man is jumped on by the police is just after he has turned around again to move forward at which point he appears to shove the police officer in front of him in the back. This is just after ginger pony tail has given another unneccesary shove. I have been trying to work out, but have been unable to, if the man's reaction is as a result of his forward momentum, caused by being unnecessarily pushed which has caused him to accidentally shove into the officer in front of him and putting his hands up against the back of the officer to stop himself falling over or whether his shove on the officer is a "see how you like it" reaction which given the circumstances and his prior treatment might be understandable although a little unwise. Even if it was the latter, his shove on the officer was hardly violent and certainly did not justify the treatment he was subsequently subjected to as it was a complete over reaction.

Edit: Having studied the video yet again it appears the man has pushed the officer in front of him in response to that paricular officer having just aggressively shoved the younger man who I assume to be the older man's son who is now separated from the man by the police line. I think it was actually a protective response of "don't treat my son like that". Again understandable given the high emotions and provocation but also a little unwise.

Edit edit: Actually having viewed the incident yet again I think the older man is concerned at being separated from his son and has merely pushed the officer in front of him in an effort to get past him in an effort to rejoin his son.

In each of my multiple viewings of the video I have drawn a different conclusion as to what has happened and it is only on multiple viewings that you can join the pieces together to arrive at as close to an accurate interpretation as possible.

Last edited:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
This is EXACTLY why I do not go to this fixture any more.

I will not be treated like an animal.

Well you truly missed a memorable game believe me. Sometimes it's ok to abandon your stubbornness.

I on the other hand thought the police and especially the Palace stewards were ok on sat

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
As I've post before, a Met police officer I got chatting to while on a ski-ing holidays happily admitted that many of them do football overtime as they get the chance to put the boot in and after all "who's going to listen to a football fan". Football supporters are still treated as second class citizens by the police and have their legal rights trampled on. Until officers are dealt with for their illegal actions nothing will change.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Well you truly missed a memorable game believe me. Sometimes it's ok to abandon your stubbornness.

I on the other hand thought the police and especially the Palace stewards were ok on sat
I had no problems either. Very relaxed attitude from those I came across.

However, that means sod all. Get the wrong policeman or steward and it's a very different experience. It only takes one and then they all get behind them.

I've been on the receiving end before and it is very unpleasant. Especially when your club puts the boot in too. That is a horrible feeling.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As I've post before, a Met police officer I got chatting to while on a ski-ing holidays happily admitted that many of them do football overtime as they get the chance to put the boot in and after all "who's going to listen to a football fan". Football supporters are still treated as second class citizens by the police and have their legal rights trampled on. Until officers are dealt with for their illegal actions nothing will change.

My brother’s friend is in the force. He said similar. And added football policing is largely voluntary...and you can imagine which types will volunteer their weekend for such work.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
It's always been the same at this fixture, they just kettle you to the train station and make you get on a train, even if you don't live in Sussex! Remember back in the early noughties coming out with the crowd, trying to make my way to a bus stop to catch the bus home and being push back and forth to the train station. They wouldn't listen, didn't give a shit, they just want to overwhelm you with force to keep you intimidated.

And that is why I have not gone to a Palace away fixture for ages. And never will.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
The bloke in this video is a mate of mine. He understandably was not happy with the way the police were treating his son for no reason. Ended up arrested, charged with affray, spent today in hospital due to injuries caused by the police and with his season ticket taken away. Serious over reaction by the old bill and I really hope Paul Barber looks at this video before banning a bloke who was just trying to look after his son

That's the Met for you.

They are still getting away with policing football matches like it is 1981. They are far more violent and threatening than football fans.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
He's been charged with array. They were going to charge him assualting a police officer as well, but they dropped that.

Make sure your mate takes legal advice on this, make sure he doesn't go to court and use the legal advice that is provided for him. Unfortunately he will almost certainly get banned as ultimately the club will have been informed of the arrest. If the CPS go for a general football ban and you get it thrown out in court the club have the power to impose their own sanctions.

scouse23

Jan 30, 2008
Yes remember being inside Selhurst after the 5-0, Met were in front of the locked doors with truncheons out, we were being into them as the crowd behind wanted to get out, they were swatting us at the front like flies, lots of cracked heads and noses, blood flying everywhere, that was my last time there never going back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here