Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Shoot the Palace scum. Really???

AJ's magic

Oct 21, 2018
First of all, I'll take nothing away from the performance of your side on the pitch yesterday. Hughton got his tactics spot on by realising that at Selhurst, if you let us have the ball, we will struggle to break anyone down and a clinical dispaly from your attacking players can easily win you 3 points, which it did. I do believe that you taking 6 points off us this season wasnt really a fair reflection of the two games but I know that just makes it all the sweeter for you.

However, lots of your supporters consistently spread the notion of Palace fans being 'scummy chavs' who will chant anything towards Brighton fans simply because of the rivalry. Homophobia is a huge problem in Football and I know that Brighton fans get homophobic abuse hurled at them up and down the country. Yesterday on the other hand, i'm pleased to say from where I was sitting in the Holmesdale, I didn't hear any. (not saying that none took place).

Reading the North Stand Chat, i'm seeing a lot of people saying that you outclassed us in the stands. You only began to sing after both your goals and after the final whistle. It was complete silence for the majority of the game. On the occasions where you were making noise it was pretty disgusting to be honest. "shoot the palace scum". That seems like a pretty 'scummy' thing to sing if you ask me. Why pretend to be something you're not?. I also think the 'Cantona' chanting was pretty low as well, considering everything.

Perhaps the vast majority if your fans should come of your moral high horse and understand every club has swathings of idiots!!

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
I think you can justify the "shoot the palace scum" chant as harmless banter because we're just inserting 'palace' in an otherwise universally adopted chant. Homophobic chants are more pernicious.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
First of all, I'll take nothing away from the performance of your side on the pitch yesterday. Hughton got his tactics spot on by realising that at Selhurst, if you let us have the ball, we will struggle to break anyone down and a clinical dispaly from your attacking players can easily win you 3 points, which it did. I do believe that you taking 6 points off us this season wasnt really a fair reflection of the two games but I know that just makes it all the sweeter for you.

However, lots of your supporters consistently spread the notion of Palace fans being 'scummy chavs' who will chant anything towards Brighton fans simply because of the rivalry. Homophobia is a huge problem in Football and I know that Brighton fans get homophobic abuse hurled at them up and down the country. Yesterday on the other hand, i'm pleased to say from where I was sitting in the Holmesdale, I didn't hear any. (not saying that none took place).

Reading the North Stand Chat, i'm seeing a lot of people saying that you outclassed us in the stands. You only began to sing after both your goals and after the final whistle. It was complete silence for the majority of the game. On the occasions where you were making noise it was pretty disgusting to be honest. "shoot the palace scum". That seems like a pretty 'scummy' thing to sing if you ask me. Why pretend to be something you're not?. I also think the 'Cantona' chanting was pretty low as well, considering everything.

Perhaps the vast majority if your fans should come of your moral high horse and understand every club has swathings of idiots!!

Here we go. The “Cantona kicking someone lead to a Palace fan being killed” argument. Can’t wait.

You’re an absolute whopper, f*ck off.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
You’re going to be tired at school tomorrow

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

You'll be sorry to hear that a few of us sitting in the very very corner were subjected to

1) The "gay hand thing" ( really ?)

2) B@@@ J@@ miming

.. in the second half. Unfortunately stewards witnessed the whole thing and did nothing.

So don't take the moral high ground.

Mate stop talking shite. Homophobia is a real problem in football, hence virtually no footballers ever coming out.

Rival football fans going round shooting each other in derby matches is not a real problem.

Hope that clears up your weird confusion

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

A Palace fan tries to lecture Brighton fans about moral high grounds.

Satire RIP.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class

Bless. :timmy:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Definitely one of their 10-15k new premier league fans citing that song like its new :lol:

6 points not a true reflection of both games????!!!! We wanted it way more on both occasions! You scored 2 pens in 180 mins and barely created an opportunity!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You'll be sorry to hear that a few of us sitting in the very very corner were subjected to

1) The "gay hand thing" ( really ?)

2) B@@@ J@@ miming

.. in the second half. Unfortunately stewards witnessed the whole thing and did nothing.

So don't take the moral high ground.

Maybe that’s the gay palace section? They have an LGBT fan group you know :)

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I believe Cantona was in his rights to do what he did. It was actually the craziest and funniest thing I have seen on a football field.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

You are right that it's not a fair reflection but, unfortunately, you can only win 3 points when you are down to 10 men and still manage to beat a side 3-1, even though they had a man advantage for over an hour so we deserved more imo.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Maybe that’s the gay palace section? They have an LGBT fan group you know :)

The bizarre thing was this bloke "talking abuse" throughout the second half, as if he was having a conversation with us.

I commented to the bloke next to me, I've never been at a game when I required subtitles.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The majority of Albion fans can’t be arsed to sing that chant, or stand up if you hate Palace. Many that do are younger fans, it’s not illegal and it’s all part of football tribalism. You know full well that a sizeable section of your support sing songs wishing ill of your multiple rival clubs fans. Perhaps you’re too sensitive to attend football matches.

Why come on here conflating tribal chanting, with criminal abuse aimed at minorities of the population?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Trying to find a point here- and trying to understand what you hoped to achieve by attempting to make it.

As irritating as it can be, football fans sing nasty songs at each other. Some have been knocked back as unbecoming of a society that has moved on. But, let's face it, nobody is going to shoot anyone and our Mums never advised us to do so.

Just lick your wounds and wish us the worst for the rest of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here