Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Shoot the Palace scum. Really???

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
What a great thread! Ladies and Gentleman, please may I introduce [the real] Nigel. Prem ready, will disappear off to prawn sandwich Arsenal when [his beloved] Palace slip through the divisions. Palace post of my weekend.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I do actually get genuinely riled when Palace fans call us out on the Cantona chant. Its on BBS again tonight.

A Palace fan tragically, senselessly, lost his life later that season when they played Man Utd again a few months later. Do we, as BHA fans, directly link and celebrate that event ? Well, if you're a Palace fan looking to score points on a messageboard, apparently so.

It sickens me.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I was just gunna mention this. I heard it chanted on more than one occasion.

The OP sounds like a right ice cream.
And a deaf one at that...or maybe he didn't even go to the game? All I could hear was Albion fans drowning out that frigging drum. Palace were silent until they were given the penalty and their 'support' lasted about 10 minutes after they scored.

What a shithole of a club.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
And a deaf one at that...or maybe he didn't even go to the game? All I could hear was Albion fans drowning out that frigging drum. Palace were silent until they were given the penalty and their 'support' lasted about 10 minutes after they scored.

What a shithole of a club.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

To clarify, I wasn’t there. I could hear it on the TV. Although, in a few weeks I shall be making my way across the pond for a couple of games. I can’t wait.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
First of all, I'll take nothing away from the performance of your side on the pitch yesterday. Hughton got his tactics spot on by realising that at Selhurst, if you let us have the ball, we will struggle to break anyone down and a clinical dispaly from your attacking players can easily win you 3 points, which it did. I do believe that you taking 6 points off us this season wasnt really a fair reflection of the two games but I know that just makes it all the sweeter for you.

However, lots of your supporters consistently spread the notion of Palace fans being 'scummy chavs' who will chant anything towards Brighton fans simply because of the rivalry. Homophobia is a huge problem in Football and I know that Brighton fans get homophobic abuse hurled at them up and down the country. Yesterday on the other hand, i'm pleased to say from where I was sitting in the Holmesdale, I didn't hear any. (not saying that none took place).

Reading the North Stand Chat, i'm seeing a lot of people saying that you outclassed us in the stands. You only began to sing after both your goals and after the final whistle. It was complete silence for the majority of the game. On the occasions where you were making noise it was pretty disgusting to be honest. "shoot the palace scum". That seems like a pretty 'scummy' thing to sing if you ask me. Why pretend to be something you're not?. I also think the 'Cantona' chanting was pretty low as well, considering everything.

Perhaps the vast majority if your fans should come of your moral high horse and understand every club has swathings of idiots!!
Did you cry to mummy ??? Man up you sad little prick.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
First of all, I'll take nothing away from the performance of your side on the pitch yesterday. Hughton got his tactics spot on by realising that at Selhurst, if you let us have the ball, we will struggle to break anyone down and a clinical dispaly from your attacking players can easily win you 3 points, which it did. I do believe that you taking 6 points off us this season wasnt really a fair reflection of the two games but I know that just makes it all the sweeter for you.

However, lots of your supporters consistently spread the notion of Palace fans being 'scummy chavs' who will chant anything towards Brighton fans simply because of the rivalry. Homophobia is a huge problem in Football and I know that Brighton fans get homophobic abuse hurled at them up and down the country. Yesterday on the other hand, i'm pleased to say from where I was sitting in the Holmesdale, I didn't hear any. (not saying that none took place).

Reading the North Stand Chat, i'm seeing a lot of people saying that you outclassed us in the stands. You only began to sing after both your goals and after the final whistle. It was complete silence for the majority of the game. On the occasions where you were making noise it was pretty disgusting to be honest. "shoot the palace scum". That seems like a pretty 'scummy' thing to sing if you ask me. Why pretend to be something you're not?. I also think the 'Cantona' chanting was pretty low as well, considering everything.

Perhaps the vast majority if your fans should come of your moral high horse and understand every club has swathings of idiots!!

You are outclassed on the pitch and in the stands. You haven’t salvaged any class with this desperate post.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think 3 points for us was a fair reflection on the first game. At your place, indeed it was harsh on you, due to some unusually clinical finishing.

However, lots of your supporters consistently spread the notion of Palace fans being 'scummy chavs' who will chant anything towards Brighton fans simply because of the rivalry.
We know most of your supporters aren't. Many of us know a Palace fan or two and don't have a problem with them. Parish is a bit of a cock, you've had a couple of admins, your mascot is a foreign bird of prey (which is naff), so we like to take the piss (you are our rivals after all).

Homophobia is a huge problem in Football and I know that Brighton fans get homophobic abuse hurled at them up and down the country. Yesterday on the other hand, i'm pleased to say from where I was sitting in the Holmesdale, I didn't hear any. (not saying that none took place).
It's good that the en-mass homophobic abuse is fading away, much as stadium wide racism did. But plenty of your fans are still sharing their homophobia with others. It's weird that most of you think that's an attack on Brighton, rather than gay people around the country.

On the occasions where you were making noise it was pretty disgusting to be honest. "shoot the palace scum". That seems like a pretty 'scummy' thing to sing if you ask me.
Really? It's standard football banter, you know we're not going to shoot anyone, and being called scum isn't actually going to offend you is it? That's not the same as racism or homophobia.

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I do actually get genuinely riled when Palace fans call us out on the Cantona chant. Its on BBS again tonight.

A Palace fan tragically, senselessly, lost his life later that season when they played Man Utd again a few months later. Do we, as BHA fans, directly link and celebrate that event ? Well, if you're a Palace fan looking to score points on a messageboard, apparently so.

It sickens me.

I don't know this story, would anyone care to share it?

mickybha

Jan 2, 2010
definitely one of their 10-15k new premier league fans citing that song like its new :lol:

6 points not a true reflection of both games????!!!! We wanted it way more on both occasions! You scored 2 pens in 180 mins and barely created an opportunity!

"and we only had 10 men" !

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

This double has hurt, hasn’t it? It’s really hurt.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Maybe this is the OP.

“If I was on the pitch I’d break their ****ing legs or some shit like that” no mate. If you were on the pitch something would have gone VERY wrong at the academy.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

What a pathetic sulky post just accept that your famous atmosphere is a myth as your fans like your team did not turn up in both games.

And yes your fans and club are scummy but if you were coming on here looking for sympathy you have visited the wrong place

Thanks for the 6 points

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Oh bless, a modern plastic fan. You won’t find any prawn sandwiches at Selhurst you know.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free

It’s a traditional chant. Decades old and definitely just a humorous chant (remember that’s what football is sometimes).

We sing a mix of new and old chants, unlike yourselves whose songs and ‘famous atmosphere’ can be summed up in 5 words:

Euro nonsense and nothing else.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here