Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Shoot the Palace scum. Really???

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
But no problems with what Palace fans sing (incorrectly) about Lewis Dunk ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Definitely one of their 10-15k new premier league fans citing that song like its new :lol:

6 points not a true reflection of both games????!!!! We wanted it way more on both occasions! You scored 2 pens in 180 mins and barely created an opportunity!

Gotta love:-

if you let us have the ball, we will struggle to break anyone down

Just how much a week are they paying

Townsend
Zaha
Meyer
Milivojevic
McArthur

To NOT breakdown a well disciplined side, when playing at home?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Gotta love:-

if you let us have the ball, we will struggle to break anyone down

Just how much a week are they paying

Townsend
Zaha
Meyer
Milivojevic
McArthur

To NOT breakdown a well disciplined side, when playing at home?

Please don't forget.... Benteke and Batschuayi or whatever his name is.....

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
First of all, I'll take nothing away from the performance of your side on the pitch yesterday. Hughton got his tactics spot on by realising that at Selhurst, if you let us have the ball, we will struggle to break anyone down and a clinical dispaly from your attacking players can easily win you 3 points, which it did. I do believe that you taking 6 points off us this season wasnt really a fair reflection of the two games but I know that just makes it all the sweeter for you.

However, lots of your supporters consistently spread the notion of Palace fans being 'scummy chavs' who will chant anything towards Brighton fans simply because of the rivalry. Homophobia is a huge problem in Football and I know that Brighton fans get homophobic abuse hurled at them up and down the country. Yesterday on the other hand, i'm pleased to say from where I was sitting in the Holmesdale, I didn't hear any. (not saying that none took place).

Reading the North Stand Chat, i'm seeing a lot of people saying that you outclassed us in the stands. You only began to sing after both your goals and after the final whistle. It was complete silence for the majority of the game. On the occasions where you were making noise it was pretty disgusting to be honest. "shoot the palace scum". That seems like a pretty 'scummy' thing to sing if you ask me. Why pretend to be something you're not?. I also think the 'Cantona' chanting was pretty low as well, considering everything.

Perhaps the vast majority if your fans should come of your moral high horse and understand every club has swathings of idiots!!

Bless you mate don't get upset about it. Only a game. I could hear those fellas who wear hoodies in the lower Holmesdale a bit if that's any consolation.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Please don't forget.... Benteke and Batschuayi or whatever his name is.....

Bentacky isn't in the team to '"breakdown the opposition".

He's there to benefit from the work of the £500,000+ combined weekly wage of those behind him...

...oh now I understand. :lol:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
First of all, I'll take nothing away from the performance of your side on the pitch yesterday. Hughton got his tactics spot on by realising that at Selhurst, if you let us have the ball, we will struggle to break anyone down and a clinical dispaly from your attacking players can easily win you 3 points, which it did. I do believe that you taking 6 points off us this season wasnt really a fair reflection of the two games but I know that just makes it all the sweeter for you.

However, lots of your supporters consistently spread the notion of Palace fans being 'scummy chavs' who will chant anything towards Brighton fans simply because of the rivalry. Homophobia is a huge problem in Football and I know that Brighton fans get homophobic abuse hurled at them up and down the country. Yesterday on the other hand, i'm pleased to say from where I was sitting in the Holmesdale, I didn't hear any. (not saying that none took place).

Reading the North Stand Chat, i'm seeing a lot of people saying that you outclassed us in the stands. You only began to sing after both your goals and after the final whistle. It was complete silence for the majority of the game. On the occasions where you were making noise it was pretty disgusting to be honest. "shoot the palace scum". That seems like a pretty 'scummy' thing to sing if you ask me. Why pretend to be something you're not?. I also think the 'Cantona' chanting was pretty low as well, considering everything.

Perhaps the vast majority if your fans should come of your moral high horse and understand every club has swathings of idiots!!

Cheers for the 6 points sweet heart

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Yeah it's a stupid throw-back song to the 1970s and I would prefer we dropped it, but I assure you we get heaps of homophobic abuse from sarf Londoners. Yeah Brighton has a large gay population, Croydon has a large black population - imagine the outcry if we used that as a reason to insult you?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Haha! Hilarious stuff. Why is 10% of the video taken up with his boring journey to Selhurst? Then a shot of Sainsbury's car park in the foreground, whilst the music I suspect blocked out his "thanks for the lift mum".

He does realise that hash tags don't work like he thinks? "Disaster hash tag"... :lol:

"If I was on the pitch now, I'd absolutely break one of their legs, fam." Nice.

I think he was playing Arsenal Fan TV Bingo.

Bruv CHECK
Oh my days CHECK
Fam CHECK
Just missing a "Blood" and "You get me" for the full house.

As for OP....isn't the Sainsburys end the family stand? You can clearly hear young kids effing and jeffing.....so stay classy yourself.

Worth watching just for the end......."**** this club!". :tantrum:

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
It was complete silence for the majority of the game. On the occasions where you were making noise it was pretty disgusting to be honest. "shoot the palace scum". That seems like a pretty 'scummy' thing to sing if you ask me.

No it was not complete silence and you know it. As for the "shoot the Palace scum", you'll find Palace sing that but the words are slightly different. Work it out for yourself. My father never owned a gun and Mum never told me to wash my mouth out or go get this imaginary weapon.

You really would not have liked the 70's and 80's. We weren't actually wanting anyone to go home in a Sussex Ambulance or like Sandy Richardson, Harry Roberts was never our mate, everyone always made the Station (Hove that is but you're not to know) and I wasn't born in the Goldstone Ground and my boots weren't made for kicking. Only my footie boots and only then an inflated ball of leather.

Come to think of it, I wasn't a knock kneed chicken or a bow legged hen.

It's only a game son and some light hearted banter. Homophobia, Racism, anti antisemitism is way over the line.

Pay attention in double English today.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

Funny that, very first thing I heard at East Croydon was a load of homophobia from Palace fans, saddest thing being they were grey haired middle aged men still dressing in Stone Island. Get off your own high horse before you start pretending your club has no idiot supporters.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

u ok hun? ???

I imagine 90 minutes of singing that Lewis Dunk is a sex offender is perfectly fine though yes?

This. Very much this. Exactly what I was going to mention.

Shopes

Jan 3, 2018
I think throwing a dirty nappy at the Brighton fans as we walked towards Norwood Junction, after the match, is a pretty scummy thing to do.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It's great to beat Palace, again

Other than that it is a good day out for the knuckledraggers of both clubs, always has been always will be. We both have them

That is what it is and said have the dates in the diaries for months in advance

98% of fans will just go along, give it large and go home, happy or not

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here