Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jack Grealish

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Watching the game in a pub in London, the referee should have abandoned the game there and then.

Surely Dean Smith would say to him "Can you guarantee our players safety for the rest of the game?"

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
No amount of 'Zero tolerance' will stop a nutter acting like this. You'll note that he wasn't armed with either a flask or a bottle with it's top on.

No, it won’t. But it might just must help the message get through the impervious, thick skulls of the more cerebrally challenged amongst our fan base. Anyway, what’s wrong with zero tolerance of any kind of twatish, offensive behaviour? Why should it ever be ok?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
No, it won’t. But it might just must help the message get through the impervious, thick skulls of the more cerebrally challenged amongst our fan base. Anyway, what’s wrong with zero tolerance of any kind of twatish, offensive behaviour? Why should it ever be ok?

I agree with the premise 'Zero tolerance'. However the meaning of those words is open to interpretation and where the boundaries for acceptable removal of 'privileges' as in being able to use a flask or bottle top are arguable.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I could understand someone thumping say, Joey Barton. But Grealish seems okay to me.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Police looked like they nabbed a Steward for trying to push him back over the hoardings during the celebration !

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Absolutely shocking. A lot of the Birmingham fans applauded the **** who did it as well! They deserve a points deduction for that.

I suspect most clubs would have a section of fans like that. If someone had run on and punched Wilf yesterday don't you think there might have been a round of gentle applause (not warranted) from the away section?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I suspect most clubs would have a section of fans like that. If someone had run on and punched Wilf yesterday don't you think there might have been a round of gentle applause (not warranted) from the away section?
And if that happened yesterday, we would deserve the book thrown at us. Never an excuse for behavior like that.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Can't help thinking that there may be a few police staff back at the station who will invite the pitch invader to take a guess at the Villa scorer.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I agree with the premise 'Zero tolerance'. However the meaning of those words is open to interpretation and where the boundaries for acceptable removal of 'privileges' as in being able to use a flask or bottle top are arguable.

Yes, it’s a shame that people can’t take their flasks along to games any more, and no bottle tops is personally something I really struggle to get upset about. It’s just another of those niggling annoyances that are part and parcel of us being a Premier League and therefore more high profile club, and not out of keeping with restrictions found at any club in the PL, the aim being I presume to lessen the risk posed by idiots. There was a time when you could probably bring your dog along to the game, let alone your flask and sandwiches, but those times are gone. People have to make a personal choice whether or not they want to carry on following a club that imposes such “draconian” measures in the name of zero tolerance. I’m happy to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here