Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jack Grealish

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Aren`t we all getting a bit carried away. "A presumably drunk spectator ran on to pitch and swung pretty harmlessly at player". He can be banned but sure it will happen again.

Irrelevant incident compared with the recent stabbing murders in london !

Miserable Les

Jan 17, 2019
That punch reminded me, in terms of bravery, of when this guy tried to punch me in the head from standing behind his massive mate in Worthing one Saturday night many years ago.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Irrelevant incident compared with the recent stabbing murders in london !

I agree. The other week we had a clear penalty denied. The guy next to me went MAD. I calmly placed my hand on his shoulder and said "This is an irrelevant incident compared with the impact of global warming".

He instantly felt better and thanked me for putting that incident in a wider context.

Miserable Les

Jan 17, 2019
I agree. The other week we had a clear penalty denied. The guy next to me went MAD. I calmly placed my hand on his shoulder and said "This is an irrelevant incident compared with the impact of global warming".

He instantly felt better and thanked me for putting that incident in a wider context.

That is a genuinely witty retort, but it's also funny 'cos it's true. I started listening to the audiobook version of The Uninhabitable Earth today on my way into work, which has resulted in me shrugging my way through several car-crash project calls already.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Indeed he is. A former PE teacher at the Weald School in Billingshurst. Has been somewhat card happy during his career in the Football Leage thus far.

Seem to remember him being involved in a controversial incident whilst reffing a match at the Amex in the early years. I can't recall what though.

Taught my son at the weald decent guy . Also flagged as a Lino and got the pen at saints which I think woods missed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
PB seems to be particularly paranoid about something untoward happening at the Amex however remote the possibility. He seems, maybe with the best of intentions to extrapolate from something relatively minor happening to WW3. I can imagine he has already throught: what if that pitch invader had a knife; what if that happened at the Amex? An internal memo (of legendary length) has probably already been sent directing that the friendly pat-down we currently experience at the entrances to the Amex becomes just that little bit more comprehensive for the next home game.

The Amex will become the first stadium with 'airport-style' security before you know it!

And hughton will still be allowed his bottle top outrageous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Well that was worth 5 seconds of madness wasn't it! Still, he can polish his nice shiny 'badge of honour' during his 14 weeks inside...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fair enough, if Villa don’t go up they’ll be selling him this summer, just not to us!!! Probably Palace will add him to their overdraft!!!!

Why would he want to stay in the championship?

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I bet he doesn't spend 14 weeks inside.

4-5 weeks tops then out on license. He has had a huge touch. Sentence will start immediately so he will be out before the end of April. I am honestly amazed. Football related incidents can roll out for years before a sentence is handed down - which is effing stressful - not knowing what the outcome of the case will be, having to report to the police station on matchdays, handing in the passport for England games etc.

The courts have obviously intended to make an example of him so rushed him through, and as a result they have basically done him a favour. This will all be behind him (apart from the 10 year FBO) in 3 and a half months...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don't think he'll do time (unless he has previous).
Going onto the playing area is a fine or community penalty (plus a football banning order).
Common assault carries maximum of six months and that's if there's if greater harm and higher culpability; Plead guilty and the bench has to give a third off and you get released at the halfway point so actually serve two months.
Far better to give him a community order with 300 hours of unpaid work.

Has it been revealed whether the offender had previous convictions, I can’t see either way?

I thought that he might get locked up to set an example after his televised assault, although I doubt magistrates could/would say as much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here