Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jack Grealish

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Birmingham City FC, EFL and the FL.
Put yourself in the shoes of each.
Birmingham City. I'd say the security looked good. Stewards literally every yard at the point the guy came from. If someone wants to get on then they will.
EFL. Just washed their hands already and passed it to the FL.
FL. Likely to fine the club. Sky pundits saying close the ground and points deduction, but then you're taking it out on the fans. I would be very aggrieved had someone punched Haha when he came over for that corner, why should I lose out on anything because of one person?
Solution. Fences will never come back, nor will barricades between the stand and the pitch. Hillsborough made sure of that. Cover the first three rows? Back again to Hillsborough or Bradford where there must be an exit from the stand. All seating stadium is one thing (I'm not sure Birmingham is all seated) but fans stand up.

Disagree. We now have all seater stadiums following Hillsborough so I think you could safely put up some sort of fencing or barrier but I think it should be restricted to clubs who repeatedly fail to control fans. Playing behind closed doors, penalty deductions etc is just penalising the majority who do comply.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
On a similar subject, anyone know if anything happened to the guy that kicked Ray Wilkins in the bollocks believe it was the 4-4 with orient game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to school with him. Have bumped into him now and again. Last time I saw him at the actual football was the playoff final in Cardiff.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
How about stewards who can do the job properly?

On R5 it said a steward was arrested for shoving and kicking Grealish when he celebrated his goal.

I think Birmingham are in the absolute shit here....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Apart from the fact it's totally disgraceful its also quite a cowardly attack from behind like that. I bet he wouldnt have had the courage to confront Grealish face to face.
His punishment should be that he has to. My money's on Jack.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
And if that happened yesterday, we would deserve the book thrown at us. Never an excuse for behavior like that.

Totally agree, just saying that if it had happened there would have been some in our crowd that would have cheered. Fans in glass houses and all that. The moron won't be going to Birmingham ever again and probably not any football match. Could even be banned from watching his kids play and that would be thoroughly deserved. All that after he comes out of jail.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
On R5 it said a steward was arrested for shoving and kicking Grealish when he celebrated his goal.

I think Birmingham are in the absolute shit here....

When Brighton fans started breaking up the signs yesterday one of the stewards who i was talking to just looked and said 'i am not getting involved' ...

Thecoffeecake

Oct 10, 2017
Philadelphia
I've never been to Birmingham, but that's exactly the guy I'd expect to run on the field to attack a Villa player. That's what every working class English person looks like in American media.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I don't think he'll do time (unless he has previous).
Going onto the playing area is a fine or community penalty (plus a football banning order).
Common assault carries maximum of six months and that's if there's if greater harm and higher culpability; Plead guilty and the bench has to give a third off and you get released at the halfway point so actually serve two months.
Far better to give him a community order with 300 hours of unpaid work.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Club will ban him, might be a cursory fine, everyone forgets about it until it happens again. Same with the moron who went for Smalling at Arsenal this evening.

Nobody is going to do anything at the clubs until they start getting points deductions or being forced to play behind closed doors.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don't think he'll do time (unless he has previous).
Going onto the playing area is a fine or community penalty (plus a football banning order).
Common assault carries maximum of six months and that's if there's if greater harm and higher culpability; Plead guilty and the bench has to give a third off and you get released at the halfway point so actually serve two months.
Far better to give him a community order with 300 hours of unpaid work.

We don’t know if he has a criminal record, or is subject to a banning order, so far too early to say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here