Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jack Grealish

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
interesting ideas from Phil Neville over the weekends events :

"After the attack, and another pitch invasion during the Manchester United and Arsenal match, former England player Phil Neville said drastic action was needed to ensure the safety of players.

"Either through points deductions or by emptying stadiums and making clubs play behind closed doors," he said."

Yes Phil, that's a measured and fair set of responses. Tell you what Phil when any speeder gets caught we'll punish all drivers by either banning cars or giving everyone 3 points. What an IDIOT ! :facepalm:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

"After the attack, and another pitch invasion during the Manchester United and Arsenal match, former England player Phil Neville said drastic action was needed to ensure the safety of players.

"Either through points deductions or by emptying stadiums and making clubs play behind closed doors," he said."

Yes Phil, that's a measured and fair set of responses. Tell you what Phil when any speeder gets caught we'll punish all drivers by either banning cars or giving everyone 3 points. What an IDIOT ! :facepalm:

I was thinking of exactly that same annology earlier. Neville’s always been a bit thick however so stupid unbalanced thoughts on the matter were always expected and probably why the media ask for a quote. He never lets them down!

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I was thinking of exactly that same annology earlier. Neville’s always been a bit thick however so stupid unbalanced thoughts on the matter were always expected and probably why the media ask for a quote. He never lets them down!

Indeed. I've just thought another idea which I'm sure is closer to Phil's heart. When one player of a team gets a card so does the rest of the team - all 11 players.

EDIT - and that would fvck Man U this season with the third highest yellow card count :lol:

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yet some of things that have happened recently in a rapidly deteriorating Hassocks are waiting months before they go to court.

Drink drivers and football fans fall into roughly the same bracket where the courts are concerned, the lowest of the low.

Drink drivers have to wait for forensics to give the results of blood or urine tests, and this government has closed lots of magistrates courts. If you are arrested for assualt over the weekend, you appear in court the next working day.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I hear what you're saying, and normally I'd agree. After all I've moaned about PB's "The whole school will be punished" approach to flasks and bottletops, and also I'm a limp-wristed lefty do-gooder rather than a member of the hang 'em and flog 'em brigade.

However I really do think "the whole school will be punished" is the now right response. Look at the reaction of the Birmingham fans when the **** ran on; they were laughing. They were even laughing after he'd attacked him. Maybe their reaction even spurred him on once he'd run onto the pitch - and I'll bet he had a twisted thought process that went: "Yeah I'll probably cop a ban and a fine, but I'll be a total legend amongst Blues fans, so it'll be worth it. Everyone will buy me a beer." If they knew that the entire fanbase will be punished they may not have been so enthusiastic - and he may even have thought twice knowing that he'd be seen as the **** that got everybody punished.

I totally agree. Those who think the "punishing the whole class" idea is stupid and purely down to lazy teaching also miss the point of why said teachers do it; they do it to show young people that their actions have consequences for other people. In this situation, where a criminal offence is happening on a football pitch on a Sky game for millions to see, there has to be a big punishment to show everyone that such behaviour a) is unacceptable and b) has consequences for other people. It's ultimately a way to make thick people reevaluate their behaviour so that such events don't occur again.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
With regards to everyone cheering when it happened I could guarantee that if it happened to Zaha on Saturday 80% of the away end would have cheered and laughed. Only after a couple of minutes when it sank in what had actually just happened would 99% of those people realise that it was an absolute shithouse thing to do.

Then our fans aren't half as classy or intelligent as we seem to think we are.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

You think that is stupid?

[tweet]1105074640479694848[/tweet]

[tweet]1105092032803028992[/tweet]

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Not everything that happens at Blues is bad.Nice amount raised to support the pub bombings families.

goodandbad.png

Hopefully,the incident will be a bit of a wake-up call to some players who give it the Billy Big Bolox on social media.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Barber doing well to bite his tongue up til now. The Eternally Disappointed Headmaster must be absolutely GAGGING to give us a thousand word lecture about not doing stuff that 99.98 percent of the fanbase wouldn't dream of doing anyway :shrug:

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003

Good grief !!!! :facepalm:

Reminds me of the Sheffield Utd match with Phil the Tosser and the police come out with batons drawn ...... I wonder if batons are weapons enough for him. In fact this could also be linked to the police at Palace thread !

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Except that’s his parents house as he is at uni in Manchester

And complete waste of money for the local businesses :rolleyes:

But perfect for self righteous online lynch squads whoes life is not complete without a bogeyman to hunt.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
With regards to everyone cheering when it happened I could guarantee that if it happened to Zaha on Saturday 80% of the away end would have cheered and laughed. Only after a couple of minutes when it sank in what had actually just happened would 99% of those people realise that it was an absolute shithouse thing to do.

Indeed. And I bet if a Palace fan had run on and kicked Knocky in the bollocks they'd have laughed as well: "Bang out of order of course, but still, the **** deserved it and it was funny". If the threat of sanctions against the collective existed (not just the individual) the first reaction when you saw a pitch invader wouldn't be to laugh, you'd let them know that you didn't want to suffer for their actions. And no, along with flaskgate and bottletopgate it isn't fair.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Not sure if mentioned or not (not reading 20 pages!) but Grealish would be top of my “get him in the summer Albion” list if Villa don’t go up. Perfect cover/competition for Gross.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not sure if mentioned or not (not reading 20 pages!) but Grealish would be top of my “get him in the summer Albion” list if Villa don’t go up. Perfect cover/competition for Gross.

File this one under 'no chance'

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Sounds straight out of the Trumpo school of responses. Why not go the whole hog and give the players guns to protect themselves on the pitch? :ffsparr:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sounds straight out of the Trumpo school of responses. Why not go the whole hog and give the players guns to protect themselves on the pitch? :ffsparr:

Just think. One pitch invader, a few police with rifles and a field full of footballers. What could possibly go wrong?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here