Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Glenn Murray appreciation thread on BBS

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Very entertaining especially considering his history with both teams. I for one was more than delighted when Murray returned tom us but I could not have imagined he'd still be doing it now, a few years on, at his age. He is simply a sublimely clever footballer, oozes class, is respectful to both sets of fans and an outstanding role-model for a traditional number 9 striker. What a wonderful player he is! And yes, I am still up in the clouds looking down on those lesser mortals from up the road lol!

http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-www.cgi/http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=278380&page=2

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Anyone know if this is true? I can remember 3.

Screenshot 2019-03-10 at 09.30.51.png

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
love this post on that thread- the footballing gods must hate this guy

Finally home after a shocking 9 hour drive in the pissin rain with no bloody heater grumbling to myself all the way after another inept passionless display against our supposed main rivals (somebody needs to tell the players that ) , i think i calmed down just as i left the M54 doing 40 mph and a removal van aptly named MURRAYS thundered by me on the inside lane , (i love the middle one ) for some unknown reason i tooted and made the very grown up Wnker sign at a Van , i felt better , it gave me some sort of inner peace , i pulled over for coffee and sitting there staring into my hocamochawochachino thinking nothing at all a bloke and his young son sat down opposite the young lad wearing a YEP a Brighton shirt with 17 MURRAY printed on the back ! i mean dear god had i not been through enough ! the bloke saw my Beanie hat half smiled and said , unlucky fella the team that wanted it more won today , i didn't really know what to do or say and just managed a irksome smile , i think the bloke realised i was hurting turned and said no more , but as i sat looking at the shirt with MURRAYS name on it i started to remember just how professional and clever he actually is , not just today or yesterday as it now is , he's still doing what £40 million pound strikers can only dream of doing , iv'e seen the goal today again and i don't think we have a forward capable of scoring a goal like that , utterly devastating in so many ways , say what you like about him but you can't deny he's a bloody good striker .

I'm going to bed , hopefully wake up and it will still be 8am saturday morning and this post doesn't exist .

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Palace fans still clap Murray after all these games we have played them since his departure from the scum, its hilarious

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Finally home after a shocking 9 hour drive in the pissin rain with no bloody heater grumbling to myself all the way after another inept passionless display against our supposed main rivals (somebody needs to tell the players that ) , i think i calmed down just as i left the M54 doing 40 mph and a removal van aptly named MURRAYS thundered by me on the inside lane , (i love the middle one ) for some unknown reason i tooted and made the very grown up Wnker sign at a Van , i felt better , it gave me some sort of inner peace , i pulled over for coffee and sitting there staring into my hocamochawochachino thinking nothing at all a bloke and his young son sat down opposite the young lad wearing a YEP a Brighton shirt with 17 MURRAY printed on the back ! i mean dear god had i not been through enough ! the bloke saw my Beanie hat half smiled and said , unlucky fella the team that wanted it more won today , i didn't really know what to do or say and just managed a irksome smile , i think the bloke realised i was hurting turned and said no more , but as i sat looking at the shirt with MURRAYS name on it i started to remember just how professional and clever he actually is , not just today or yesterday as it now is , he's still doing what £40 million pound strikers can only dream of doing , iv'e seen the goal today again and i don't think we have a forward capable of scoring a goal like that , utterly devastating in so many ways , say what you like about him but you can't deny he's a bloody good striker .

I'm going to bed , hopefully wake up and it will still be 8am saturday morning and this post doesn't exist .

Yeah, I posted that on another thread, it is very entertaining and I felt s̶y̶m̶p̶a̶t̶h̶y̶ , no I could identify, with that awful, nightmarish feeling. It is just good to be on the other side, particularly after the pain of the play off semi.

LVGull

May 13, 2016

Was just going to post this lol

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

That is an excellent post though. Isn't it.

Most unlike their lot.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
And the next time we play and he has a below average game we'll still have sections of our support that will insist that he needs to be replaced. Murray as Hughton constantly tells us is a model professional plus he came into the professional game at a relatively late age, I think we will get at least another 2 full seasons out of him.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
And the next time we play and he has a below average game we'll still have sections of our support that will insist that he needs to be replaced. Murray as Hughton constantly tells us is a model professional plus he came into the professional game at a relatively late age, I think we will get at least another 2 full seasons out of him.
I agree, although as time goes on, he will play less from the start imo. But his football brain is so good, that as long as he can muster a trot, then he'll be okay.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Yeah, I posted that on another thread, it is very entertaining and I felt s̶y̶m̶p̶a̶t̶h̶y̶ , no I could identify, with that awful, nightmarish feeling. It is just good to be on the other side, particularly after the pain of the play off semi.

I saw your other post, I hadn't yet replied as I can rememebr a few times when we felt exactly that, and actually I sympathise....(nearly)

Last edited:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

Middle lane wanker. Typical palace

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Middle lane wanker. Typical palace
Was just going to say that. Plus he drinks those stupid frothy milk based drinks that masquerade as coffee and wears a beanie hat. I bet his name is actually Nigel.

Oh, were we supposed to be feeling sorry for him.....? [emoji23]

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I agree, although as time goes on, he will play less from the start imo. But his football brain is so good, that as long as he can muster a trot, then he'll be okay.

His football brain is indeed still excellent. Watch the Knocky goal again. As AK drifts across the edge of the box, Murray makes a diagonal jog into space, pointing to where he wants the ball, and losing his marker. Knocky had a great opportunity to side foot the ball to him, where he’d have been totally free about 10 yards out.

Not that I’m complaining, mind! Just pointing out the quality of Glenn around the box.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here