Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] ITV and Endeavour.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Watch during the week on 'record' and enjoy the series as a whole,however last Sunday,s edition (and remember how the DC George Fancy line has been played) in the 'shoot out' scene only DS Jago is clearly shown as armed yet on the two to one scene with Thursday and Morse,Jago is shot face on by DI Box who slumps to the ground with an apparent gunshot to the back ? An error on the production team or a new line in the next series ?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I like Endeavour, but wife doesn't for some reason.
Probably because there is no Sharon or Tracey from civvy street slagging each other off.
Got loads of episodes to catch up on as probably only watch once a month.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Watch during the week on 'record' and enjoy the series as a whole,however last Sunday,s edition (and remember how the DC George Fancy line has been played) in the 'shoot out' scene only DS Jago is clearly shown as armed yet on the two to one scene with Thursday and Morse,Jago is shot face on by DI Box who slumps to the ground with an apparent gunshot to the back ? An error on the production team or a new line in the next series ?

Box slumps down after being shot, the exit wound is bigger than the entrance wound so that is why it looks like he was shot in the back.

Aside from that it has been a superb series as so many of the main characters coped or failed to cope with the changes in their roles in the larger police force. Anton Lesser as Superintendent Bright was quite superb as he coped with his dwindling status and the pain of losing his adored wife. The scene at the Masonic club where he is approached by the dodgy assistant chief constable and the corrupt councillor was incredibly well acted as Bright summoned all his dignity and sense of duty to rebuff their bribery, threats and favours.

There will be another series next year and I'm looking forward to it already.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I'll watch, but the first episode is directed by Shaun Evan's (plays Endeavour) and the episodes he directed in the last series were sub-standard IMHO.

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
Happy to see its back, sad knowing we reach the end,
Think it was pretty inevitable though. Getting to the point where Endeavour is catching Morse up, set about 10 years or so before Morse started(82?). Shaun Evans would need to rapidly age into John Thaw. As for the Strange character, well!

Agree it will be missed, Roger Allam is superb in it. Going to stick my neck out and predict the main character won't get killed off. :)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Think it was pretty inevitable though. Getting to the point where Endeavour is catching Morse up, set about 10 years or so before Morse started(82?). Shaun Evans would need to rapidly age into John Thaw. As for the Strange character, well!

Agree it will be missed, Roger Allam is superb in it. Going to stick my neck out and predict the main character won't get killed off. :)
I've a sneaky feeling Fred Thursday will be. He didn't even get a mention in any of the Morse series. The only ones who did of course were Jim Strange who became Morse's boss, and dear old Max DeBruyn the pathologist, both superbly played in later life by different actors.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I've a sneaky feeling Fred Thursday will be. He didn't even get a mention in any of the Morse series. The only ones who did of course were Jim Strange who became Morse's boss, and dear old Max DeBruyn the pathologist, both superbly played in later life by different actors.
I'd like to think there is a happy ending for Fred Thursday. Several times across Endeavor he has come up against serious crime gangs and police corruption. Maybe he's a prime witness in a major police corruption trial and gets witness protection and a new life with Mrs Thursday far away. Morse says his goodbyes and walks away and never mentions him again to maintain the secrecy but carries Thursday's ethos, honour, sense of duty and fairness with him for life....blimey, I'm filling up here !

Going to miss Endeavor. 😢

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here