Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=278376

:lolol: :lolol:

Not often I go on the BBS but what a JOY it is tonight.

This thread is particularly briliant though. A thread full of fans being rude about us (and in one case with an anti-Brighton signature) saying the rivalry is just not the same any more and they've never really got it.

:ffsparr:

Wouldn't be the six points we had off you would it lads?

Today has been utterly FANTASTIC.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=278376

:lolol: :lolol:

Not often I go on the BBS but what a JOY it is tonight.

This thread is particularly briliant though. A thread full of fans being rude about us (and in one case with an anti-Brighton signature) saying the rivalry is just not the same any more and they've never really got it.

:ffsparr:

Wouldn't be the six points we had off you would it lads?

Today has been utterly FANTASTIC.

Rivalry not there? Try telling that to the delirious Brighton fans there today. Muppets the lot of them. Rivalry not there. Yeah right. That hurt them today. Made me laugh though. Happy days.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I grew up with it but don't really feel it now. My thoughts today were on the importance of getting something from the match for survival.

When they won I was more concerned about how the others around Albion might perform than knowing we'd beaten Palace.

I think it would mean more in the cup but getting points against anyone in the league seems worthy of celebration on an equal basis these days.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Awww I love how they’re trying to convince themselves they don’t care.

It’s kinda cute!!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I grew up with it but don't really feel it now. My thoughts today were on the importance of getting something from the match for survival.

When they won I was more concerned about how the others around Albion might perform than knowing we'd beaten Palace.

I think it would mean more in the cup but getting points against anyone in the league seems worthy of celebration on an equal basis these days.

I respectfully disagree. Those two results have made my whole season.

The idea of any rivalry weakening is an anathema to me. It's as much a part of football as penalties, referees, pies, programmes and your mates. Football is much more than a game - if it wasn't I'd watch tiddlywinks.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
What a load of BS. Imagine we got them in the semi or final of the FA cup, are they saying they would not be bothered about beating or losing to us?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Its a Lot more believable after doing the double..than saying it after losing home and away

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Aside from the the odd bit of top defending, and two glorious strikes, I wasn't able to enjoy the game, as it means too much to me. Now I'm on cloud 9 and I'll enjoy properly when I watch it again later. Another Brighton double over Palace - something none of their living fans have ever seen them do.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007

So did I, which makes today even more special. My hunch is you must be Palace coz for any old school Albion this is a day of days!

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I respectfully disagree. Those two results have made my whole season.

The idea of any rivalry weakening is an anathema to me. It's as much a part of football as penalties, referees, pies, programmes and your mates. Football is much more than a game - if it wasn't I'd watch tiddlywinks.

I'll have to pop by again sometime. Guinness Girl and I could introduce you to wine by the pint and we'd could all watch YouTube videos of old Albion wins over Palace so I could feel the euphoria of a victory over the old enemy. :drink:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
So did I, which makes today even more special. My hunch is you must be Palace coz for any old school Albion this is a day of days!

I think the OP will definitely confirm that your hunch is slightly off radar.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I'll have to pop by again sometime. Guinness Girl and I could introduce you to wine by the pint and we'd could all watch YouTube videos of old Albion wins over Palace so I could feel the euphoria of a victory over the old enemy. :drink:

If you can force yourself to leave the local village for local people......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here