Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] West Brom sack Darren Moore

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Everyone has their opinion on that.

To me, our squad lacks a PL class centre midfield three (in its entirety). Once we have that ... shirley this summer .... then lets’s see how CH gets on ALL OF next season.

If we’re still losing most games, getting beaten at home by relegation rivals, and playing drab football come next May, then perhaps CH’s number is up. Said with a heavy heart.

That's absolutely fair enough. To be honest, I'm not saying sack him. I'm just getting less and less enamored by the situation. I miss the days of having zero expectations.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Given what we know about our playing budget and the past 4 years of Chris Hughton at this club, I would respectfully suggest we are miles and miles away from parting company. I'd say the vast majority of fans probably agree with me but worry that people shouting loudly that it's time for him to go make more noise than the rest of us.

He's been here for four years now and this season has been the first "disappointment", but even that needs qualifying. We have been awful since Christmas - Southampton at home was the pits. But even then, we've made it to Wembley and *probably* won't be joining Huddersfield back in the Championship after 2 seasons at the top table.

My position is this - I would be alarmed if we had another season next time like the second half of this one, but actually don't think we will. My reasoning is that this sort of attritional uninspiring stuff is reminiscent of when he first took over. I reckon he'll see the flaws, get through the season by playing within our limits, then look to address the issues over the summer. We've seen it before, last time with players he inherited admittedly.

That's all fair enough and we all hope it's true. As my original point stated though, I personally have reservations about his ability to take us up another level, but I am more than willing to be proven wrong. This season has not been fun on any level though and at some point either the results or the performances have to get better, assuming we stay up which is far from guaranteed at this stage.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
That's all fair enough and we all hope it's true. As my original point stated though, I personally have reservations about his ability to take us up another level, but I am more than willing to be proven wrong. This season has not been fun on any level though and at some point either the results or the performances have to get better, assuming we stay up which is far from guaranteed at this stage.

I think that's the point for me.

I haven't found watching the Albion a particularly enjoyable experience this season (odd games excepted) and I'm constantly wondering how we are going to score. I'm going to games more in fear of losing than of thinking we are going go at the opposition and bang in a couple of goals before half time. Its a personal view but I think Propper is being misused, he should be further forward dictating play as the classiest midfielder we've got.

I'm a huge Chris fan and think he's done amazing things for the club, but I don't think he'll get away with the same as this next season. Not only is the football dull, but without results, fans numbers will start dropping.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That's absolutely fair enough. To be honest, I'm not saying sack him. I'm just getting less and less enamored by the situation. I miss the days of having zero expectations.

These days I have zero expectations at the Amex. No one would be stunned by a Bmuff win tomorrow, with us being outplayed for long passages of play. We’re very much a bottom 6 work in progress.

Praying for a lovely win though.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
These days I have zero expectations at the Amex. No one would be stunned by a Bmuff win tomorrow, with us being outplayed for long passages of play. We’re very much a bottom 6 work in progress.

Praying for a lovely win though.

I wish I’d had your zero expectations policy yesterday!

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I wish I’d had your zero expectations policy yesterday!

I went expecting a draw or loss, unfortunately Bmuff are streets ahead of us at football.

Fraser, Brooks, Wilson, Ake, Smith are light years ahead of our standard of player.

So the thrashing was no surprise, it's been on the cards so many times this season. Our first team squad quality is pretty shit at PL level to be fair.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I went expecting a draw or loss, unfortunately Bmuff are streets ahead of us at football.

Fraser, Brooks, Wilson, Ake, Smith are light years ahead of our standard of player.

So the thrashing was no surprise, it's been on the cards so many times this season. Our first team squad quality is pretty shit at PL level to be fair.

Possibly. But I think this is a team that looks bereft of confidence and ideas. And in part that’s down to us losing key players at key times, but they seem lost about how the manager wants them to play now. And offensively there’s no clear structure or pattern - if anything there’s a real conflict in how we want to attack with our two nominal strikers being so different. That’s in such stark contrast to B-Mouth who have such a clear idea of what’s expected of them offensively and of what type of team they are.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here