Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] West Brom sack Darren Moore

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Almost on a par with Birmingham when they brought Zola in

That was a top, top decision. In his first game, their fans got to watch 60/70 minutes in which they got on top of a team on course for the PL. Then Solly came on, and Glenn got to show us that he can actually sprint from one end of the pitch to the other.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Funnily enough I was speaking to someone who used to work for West Brom recently. The story is that Graeme Jones - Mooore's assistant manager - agreed to become Luton manager from next season. This was all done behind the boards back who were not amused when they found out. Moore was told Jones had to go there and then and not wait until the end of the year. He refused so they sacked the pair of them.

For balance, whilst they have lost the last 2, they did win 3 on the bounce straight after they sacked him.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Funnily enough I was speaking to someone who used to work for West Brom recently. The story is that Graeme Jones - Mooore's assistant manager - agreed to become Luton manager from next season. This was all done behind the boards back who were not amused when they found out. Moore was told Jones had to go there and then and not wait until the end of the year. He refused so they sacked the pair of them.

For balance, whilst they have lost the last 2, they did win 3 on the bounce straight after they sacked him.

I always remember Graeme Jones playing for Wigan, from getting an accidental kick or whack in the balls from a free-kick. The whole crowd gasped and felt his pain. He was winded for about ten minutes. It was at Barnet's Underhill ground when they were in the same division as us in around 1997. Poor guy. I wonder if he's ever recovered? :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A thread like this would be on every message board in the country if we decided to sack CH in the summer

If we are relegated? Moore was in charge 5 minutes. CH would have had two seasons to get us relegated, and in my view there is a 50% chance he'd walk if we go down this season, especially from 5 points safe and a home game against the team 5 points below. It would be.....a bit shocking, in my view.

I'm not suggesting we do sack him if we go down. I'm simply saying that nobody would be surprised if we changed manager in late May. In Moore's case everything was different.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
If we are relegated? Moore was in charge 5 minutes. CH would have had two seasons to get us relegated, and in my view there is a 50% chance he'd walk if we go down this season, especially from 5 points safe and a home game against the team 5 points below. It would be.....a bit shocking, in my view.

I'm not suggesting we do sack him if we go down. I'm simply saying that nobody would be surprised if we changed manager in late May. In Moore's case everything was different.

No, not if we get relegated, just if we want a 'better style' a la the numerous threads on the subject

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Did anyone see the West Brom fan who shat himself live on Sky last night?

:lolol:

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011

Have to agree, relegation would be a terrible blow for us.I don't share the view that some have that the current squad(minus who?) would bring us straight back up===its a tough game in the Championship.So if we were relegated CH's position would have to be considered very seriously.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
So if we were relegated CH's position would have to be considered very seriously.

It would be considered for about three seconds. Hughton has had four full seasons in the Championship and in those he got automatic promotion twice and to the play-offs twice. I'd like to know who would be a better bet to get us back up

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I hope things go badly for West Brom
I hope things go very badly for Jay Rodriguez
I hope Darren Moore goes on to have a successful managerial career

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
Yes of course he has a wonderful record in the Championship,but any manager of a relegated team is on thin ice and it would be remiss of TB not to spend more than three seconds reviewing the coaching staff.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If we were relegated and sacked Chris Hughton the first name on the list of managers ideally suited to get is promoted to the Premier League would be Chris Hughton.

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
If we were relegated and sacked Chris Hughton the first name on the list of managers ideally suited to get is promoted to the Premier League would be Chris Hughton.

Agreed my point is that blind faith in CH might not be the way to go if we were relegated other options would I'm sure be considered by TB.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Agreed my point is that blind faith in CH might not be the way to go if we were relegated other options would I'm sure be considered by TB.

It's not blind faith though. It's that there's no other manager remotely close to his record in the Championship. The only ones who are even vaguely comparable are Neil Warnock and Sean Dyche. I'm not sure either would feature highly on Tony Bloom's wishlist

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
It's not blind faith though. It's that there's no other manager remotely close to his record in the Championship. The only ones who are even vaguely comparable are Neil Warnock and Sean Dyche. I'm not sure either would feature highly on Tony Bloom's wishlist

Dyche is interesting as Burnley for I believe many reasons stuck with a relegated manager against the norm.I'm a supporter of CH but I maintain if a club are relegated then serious question must be asked of that manager.In such a results driven industry as football all clubs would undertake a review of their previous season.As sure as the sun rises I expect CH to be sacked or he may step down one day .Who knows? I can only think of Sir Alex who has left on his own terms.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I personally have reservations about CHs ability to take us to "the next level", whatever that means for a club like us (although I'm more than willing to be proven wrong). What I have no reservations about is his ability to get us back in the Prem if we go down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here