Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] West Brom sack Darren Moore

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I personally have reservations about CHs ability to take us to "the next level", whatever that means for a club like us (although I'm more than willing to be proven wrong). What I have no reservations about is his ability to get us back in the Prem if we go down.

We had the second lowest playing budget in the division last season. Chris did well to get us to the level we are at presently.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Does anyone know why Darren Moore is referred to as 'Big Dave' by West Brom fans but 'Moore-o' by the rest of the football family?

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
We had the second lowest playing budget in the division last season. Chris did well to get us to the level we are at presently.

There's always two ways to look at it. You have your view and I disagree with it. That's life.

Although I am intrigued to know where you got that information from?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Dyche is interesting as Burnley for I believe many reasons stuck with a relegated manager against the norm.I'm a supporter of CH but I maintain if a club are relegated then serious question must be asked of that manager.In such a results driven industry as football all clubs would undertake a review of their previous season.As sure as the sun rises I expect CH to be sacked or he may step down one day .Who knows? I can only think of Sir Alex who has left on his own terms.

There's loads.
Off the top of my head...

Mickey Adams Mk 1
Peter Taylor
Pep Guardiola
Brendan Rogers
Sam Allardyce
Jose Mourinho
Jurgen Klopp

All those managers have left clubs of their own accord to move on.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
There's loads.
Off the top of my head...

Mickey Adams Mk 1
Peter Taylor
Pep Guardiola
Brendan Rogers
Sam Allardyce
Jose Mourinho
Jurgen Klopp

All those managers have left clubs of their own accord to move on.

From the Albion alone (apart from the ones mentioned above)

Freddie Goodwin
Brian Clough
Peter Taylor (Mark 1)
Liam Brady
Brian Horton

with an honorary mention to Nathan Jones from Luton

I'm sure Chris Hughton will be added to that list in good time

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
There's always two ways to look at it. You have your view and I disagree with it. That's life.

Although I am intrigued to know where you got that information from?

You've nailed the response there. Full of information. Got anything useful to add to the discussion like an actual source?

You've missed what El Pres does for a living then ? Or indeed his TV and radio work ?

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
From the Albion alone (apart from the ones mentioned above)

Freddie Goodwin
Brian Clough
Peter Taylor (Mark 1)
Liam Brady
Brian Horton

with an honorary mention to Nathan Jones from Luton

I'm sure Chris Hughton will be added to that list in good time

Oscar Garcia.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
You've nailed the response there. Full of information. Got anything useful to add to the discussion like an actual source?
Another one who hears the click of the landmine and decides to jump in the air waving their arms around. You were given information from probably the leading authority in football club finances in this country and who regularly appears in the media to discuss his specialty.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Another one who hears the click of the landmine and decides to jump in the air waving their arms around. You were given information from probably the leading authority in football club finances in this country and who regularly appears in the media to discuss his specialty.

I was given information, but I asked (legitimately) where that information came from; I had no idea who he was so no landmine has been jumped on. And his information still doesn't deter from my original point.

People are allowed to ask basic questions without having people jump down their throat.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
This is great for him. Could I actually see some of the information that he's referring to? If he has access to this, then I'm sure loads of our supporters would love to see it.

Fill yer boots - CATEGORY: FINANCIAL RESULTS

(The article is specifically about Palace, but includes numerous graphs and charts with details of all the Premier League clubs).

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I thought MM resigned because he couldn't stand the criticism from Ipswich fans - I maybe wrong, of course, but that was the impression I got from one of his press conferences last season.
I am not sure to be honest but either way, the point is that fans and boards should be careful what they wish for.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Yeah well you can win any arguments with facts can’t you.

Trump.PNG

There are no facts.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I personally have reservations about CHs ability to take us to "the next level", whatever that means for a club like us (although I'm more than willing to be proven wrong). What I have no reservations about is his ability to get us back in the Prem if we go down.

CH is doing a great job keeping us out of the relegation zone, for 2 seasons, given our relatively paltry player wages budget. Almost everyone other club is deliberately spending big on wages, to attract readymade ‘names’ and top flight quality players.

DAC6A0BC-C1CD-44F6-A4F1-2E921AD66259.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here