Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why did CH bring on Locadia at the end?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
NEW RULES/LAWS
Under the new rules next season the player going off has to leave the pitch by the shortest route, in Ali's case this would have been right in front of the Palace fans behind the goal. From there he would have had to walk around a quarter of the ground, always in front of opposing fans. Is this such a good idea. It could give some idiot 60 seconds in which to have a bottle or something ready. And all the time the player is walking alone.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
But more time is added on for substitutions. Can't see how we could gain anything from it.

Come on...surely you know this is a tried and trusted way of disrupting a build-up of pressure from the team desperately trying to equalise in the final minutes?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
The ref will almost never actually add on the correct amount of time, so it’s a net win.

Hence you never hear the expression "where the feck did the ref get all that added time from?".

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Come on...surely you know this is a tried and trusted way of disrupting a build-up of pressure from the team desperately trying to equalise in the final minutes?

Yes, I know that, but I suspect it disrupts both teams, hence no actual gain. But most people were suggesting it was to run down the clock.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Christ all ****ing mighty.

I just wasted 2 minutes of my life reading this thread.

And, go on then, someone tell me it was only one minute, and it isn't my life anyway. Then someone else can say that my point was undermisstood.

I don't have a ****ing point!. And neither does anyone else on this thread.

:shit::shootself:lolol:

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
CH brought him on to up the mental level and energy the team were lacking. It was a well thought out plan which gave the Palace players something knew to think about. For me, the substitution was the key part in our win. It was CH's biggest and boldest move and payed off massively. Tactical genius.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Normally I understand it, but in this case we had 15 seconds to go before the ref blew the final whistle. Given that refs add on 30 seconds for a substitution CH gave CP another 15 to 20 seconds to get an equaliser. lol

How does that work then? - The clock is still running when the player goes off so if it takes 30 seconds to go off and 30 seconds are added, that 15 seconds left is still going to be 15 seconds and it's not upped to 30 - 35 seconds remaining. If the player going off takes 40 seconds and only 30 are added, that remaining 15 seconds suddenly becomes 5 seconds left.

However, as others have already said before, it's more about disrupting momentum than clock management.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Last 15. Winning away narrowly.

I have to admit I would’ve bet my mortgage on Kayal coming on in that scenario.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
We all know how annoying it is when we're losing and the opposition bring on a player in the last minute
or so. It is a tactic designed to frustrate and take the sting out of the game. Psychological innit.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Thought they gave 30s for a sub. If your man can take longer, your in credit ;) And it breaks up play, allows you to re-organise etc

Normally I understand it, but in this case we had 15 seconds to go before the ref blew the final whistle. Given that refs add on 30 seconds for a substitution CH gave CP another 15 to 20 seconds to get an equaliser. lol

They might in theory be supposed to add on time, but in practice they rarely do. So, it was time-wasting. Should have been Murray coming off though - the poor old bugger looked knackered!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here