Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lewis Dunk

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
What a performance from Lewis Dunk today!

He knows exactly what the games against Palace mean and did everything he possibly could to ensure we got the right result.

Even Clinton Morrison was waxing lyrical about our England centre-back as Sky pundit today.

(James Tomkins - not so much)

Harsh on Tomkins. He’s been brilliant for us this season.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Unless you have had a lobotomy. No doubt there will be some wankpuffins up the road that express amazement that Dunk is in the England squad yet Tomkins is not.

I think yesterday's game has put an end to that particular delusion.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think yesterday's game has put an end to that particular delusion.

Remember it was only a few games ago against Burnley that Dunk’s ability at this level was being questioned by some on here.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
At 1.00, when Balogun scores, Lewis goes to run to Balogun, and then turns and runs all the way along the front of the Palace supporters celebrating

I believe he did the same at full time yesterday - Any videos ?

I think Lewis 'gets it' :wink:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Love how the more the scum sing the "she said no" song the better Lewis plays. Their trying to rile him just fires him up to perform at his best and they're too stupid to realise that.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Imperious today I felt. Held the defensive unit together, never fell for their aspirations to win freekicks/penalties, with good decision making in his passing when being harried by frantic speed merchants.

So lucky to have a CB like Lewis Dunk.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Imperious today I felt. Held the defensive unit together, never fell for their aspirations to win freekicks/penalties, with good decision making in his passing when being harried by frantic speed merchants.

100% agree. We are incredibly lucky to have him.

If you’re Man City, Tottenham, Chelsea or Arsenal, you surely have to put a big bid in for him this summer. He’s better than all of their options at centre back.

Luckily for us in the case of Spurs or Arsenal who are the most realistic, I don’t think they will be able to afford him.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

And he managed himself very well through those “yellow card” games.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
100% agree. We are incredibly lucky to have him.

If you’re Man City, Tottenham, Chelsea or Arsenal, you surely have to put a big bid in for him this summer. He’s better than all of their options at centre back.

Luckily for us in the case of Spurs or Arsenal who are the most realistic, I don’t think they will be able to afford him.

Southgate’s fixation with ‘pacey’ Mings is imho a misjudgement by the ex-England CB. Dunk is simply a far better defender, fewer errors, better concentration, an intelligent player who reads situations. Stones and Mings tick other boxes, apparently, but not THE most important one.

You’re right, Spurs at Bramhall Lane and Arsenal in several games, are crying out for decent CB’s.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I always thought he was going to go to Arsenal two summers ago.

Now I really hate tempting fate, but I do wonder if he will now stay with us and take his rightful place as Albion's greatest ever player and captain :bowdown:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think that's a brilliant point. In the past we KNOW he would have been unable to resist a reckless lunge or foul. Now, he's playing right at the top of his game.

I guess Potter’s style helps his game as well; at times he was permanently under the cosh with Hughton.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I'm sure he managed to do exactly the same when he was one away from a ban the year before last ?

The turning point was the promotion season. He'd picked up his 12th yellow of the season in the 3-0 defeat at Forest, Duffy also limped off in the closing stages and was out for the rest of the season. We had 11 games left at that point and Dunk was 3 yellow cards away from a 3 game ban. He'd already missed 4 games through suspension that season, 1 for a 5 yellows, 2 for 10 yellows and another game ban for a red card.

He didn't get another caution in those 11 games. He also only picked up 7 yellows in our first season in the PL and didn't serve any suspensions. He also did really well last season only picking up 1 suspension for two yellow cards away to Bournemouth. For a player who throws himself into challenges like Dunk its a remarkable testament to his maturity, discipline, ability to read the game and timing that he's only missed two premier league games through suspension.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here