Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is he now a legend?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I have been absorbing every single item of content about the game that I can find over the past 24hrs.

One thing that I have just noticed from the Gif on the match report on here ( a must read if you haven't) Is Glenn Murray's celebration with Knocky.
He walks over very slowly, waits for the melee to be over and gives him a fatherly embrace, before pulling Dunk's shirt to get back and get ready to defend the lead.

Knocky has been through a tough couple of years emotionally.
Maybe connected?
I don't know. but I found it genuinely quite moving.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yesterday just sealed it really. Kicks a Palace player in the bollocks in the first 15 SECONDS, and then scores an absolute worldy to win it. The fact he should perhaps have been sent off just makes it all the better of course.

Marvellous scenes.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Has been for me since the last two seasons in the Championship. Many have forgotten just how good he was for us in those two seasons. Taken time to adjust to the Premier but always gives 100% and today gives him true legend status at this level too.

Been 100 times more influential than McShane and he has gone down in folklore. No brainer.

Precisely, Legend status was confirmed by his efforts in getting us up.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
As others have said, he became a legend when we went up. Yesterday was the cherry on a great cake.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Absolute legend in my book.

And I got his shirt at the end when he chucked it into the crowd.

I cannot believe I bagged THE shirt that was worn by our match winner against the scum up the road!!! I think it might still have his sweat marks on it... That’s gotta be priceless memorabilia!!!

Lucky you. You have a big choice to make now, keep it, (obviously). Or get hold of Daz Paine on Twitter; that would be worth a mint, especially when he gets it signed. Worth a mint for charity I might add.

By the way, no-one in the world would blame you for keeping it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here