Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dougie?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hey guys - I very rarely login and even more rarely contribute but felt I needed to in this case. Well done, not complaints from me. Knockeart could have been punished more yes sure. Dann could have been penalised for the grappling with Duffy, Tomkins is lucky he wasn't perceived to have dived although maybe he fell (did look like he appealed to me though). You did us - just like the home fixture.

My main point is that no one seems to think our penalty was a dive? I did as soon as I saw the replay, Andros seemed to be on his way before the contact. I can't see anyone agreeing with me anywhere which is strange. You guys (at least some must have thought it was). DOn't get me wrong - pleased it was given but perhaps another example of some poor refereeing in addition to the Knockeart challenge and the Dann and Tomkins incidents.

Anyway - I'm holding on to the hope of meeting you guys at Wembley if we can both get through and hoping the players can maybe get up for that?

Well done again - it pains me to say.

Yes, I did think it was a dive when I watched it and that he was on his way down before any contact was made, however everyone else, commentators included, seemed to think it was a nailed on penalty, so I just thought I might have been showing some bias :smile:

I think CH also said post match that he had no complaints about it.

Very much in two minds whether I would like to meet you in the semi final or the final, defeat to you guys is PAINFULL! and going for three wins in a season may be an expectation too far....

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Well done, you had your tactics spot on.
Wonder goal from Knockaert, deserved to win any match with a strike like that.
Twice we haven’t performed, and it’s been against you sods.
We move on now, finishing above you and beating you at Wembley would be nice.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013

It's been our season (so far), but next season it could all go your way. Lots of ups and downs in football. I don't want to meet you in the cup though!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

to be fair , based on the last 25 years I've been a part of the rivalry ......... that would just be oh so typical ( and not really a surprise)

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath

Thanks, young John Major.

Beating us at Wembley? In your wet dreams. :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here