Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Match Of The Day 9/3/2019 - Official Thread

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Sorry I dont get it they go for AK sending off...but dont mention the Palace player going into a two footed slide....
Just what I thought, perhaps Knocky should have rolled about feigning injury to draw attention to the Palace players lunge.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I take it the coverage wasn't great then?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I take it the coverage wasn't great then?
It was ok but a bit weird. Didn't show the AK challenge in the match highlights them talked about it at length afterwards.

Downplayed the quality of his goal a bit (partly because they mentioned it after saying he should've gone). Strange because of it was a 'top top' player, they would be creaming themselves over it.

Ah well, sod 'em :shrug:

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
It was ok but a bit weird. Didn't show the AK challenge in the match highlights them talked about it at length afterwards.

Downplayed the quality of his goal a bit (partly because they mentioned it after saying he should've gone). Strange because of it was a 'top top' player, they would be creaming themselves over it.

Ah well, sod 'em :shrug:

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yes this annoyed me, Linekar saying AK's goal should never have happened as he should have had a straight red in the first minute. Not the fact it was goal of the month territory or anything like that...bizarre...

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
Basically palace lost because they didn't play to Zaha's strengths. Murray's goal was the winds fault and AK goal doesn't count because of the challenge on 28s....

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Basically palace lost because they didn't play to Zaha's strengths. Murray's goal was the winds fault and AK goal doesn't count because of the challenge on 28s....

Wroy even suggested Murrays goal was the wind too I recall...not the fact that we saw more of the bottom of palarses boots from them falling over everywhere than, and also actually our striker is better than yours!!!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yes this annoyed me, Linekar saying AK's goal should never have happened as he should have had a straight red in the first minute. Not the fact it was goal of the month territory or anything like that...bizarre...

Jug ears is a tool.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes

Rounded off with 2 mins of why the genius of Zaha was not utilised by the rest of the Palace team. Wankers. And don't forget that Knocky was 'questionably offside' as well. Surprised they have not requested a replay of the match after this travesty of justice.

But they did big Murray up. Can only think they don't want to slag off a future pundit?

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Weird that Jenas pointed out Knocky's feet were clearly over the ball because the very same slow-mo showed that Milovojevic's were too.

Right in the pods :)

Last edited:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Rounded off with 2 mins of why the genius of Zaha was not utilised by the rest of the Palace team. Wankers. And don't forget that Knocky was 'questionably offside' as well. Surprised they have not requested a replay of the match after this travesty of justice.

But they did big Murray up. Can only think they don't want to slag off a future pundit?

I actually think its because its hard to fault Murray...

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Watching the Saints game their free kick winner was taken no where near where the challenge was.

Giving Ward-Prowse an unfair advantage to get the ball past Lloris.

Could be important at the end of the season

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Absolutely ridiculous comment, it wasn't even contestable was it?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Looking back at the highlights, although he was booked on 28s, the tackle was actually only on 10s. That's definitely the way to put down an early marker!!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Weird that Jenas pointed out Knocky's feet were clearly over the ball because the very same slow-mo showed that Milovojevic's were too.

Right in the pods :)
Just watched it again, and Milovojevic's boot was higher than Knocky's!

Also a bit pi88ed off with the pundits attempt to downrate a nailed on penalty to a 50/50 tussle ("Duffy had hold of Dann first"). Cobblers!

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Absolutely ridiculous comment, it wasn't even contestable was it?

It was close, but he looked dead level to me.

They made it sound like we burgled Selhurst and nicked their sweets. No positive comments apart from Murray's class. Nothing about Dunk's magnificent performance or our superb organisation. It's like they were all Palace fans in mourning. Consoling Roy like he'd been mugged by hoodies for his pension. Absolute tools.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Just watched it again, and Milovojevic's boot was higher than Knocky's!

Also a bit pi88ed off with the pundits attempt to downrate a nailed on penalty to a 50/50 tussle ("Duffy had hold of Dann first"). Cobblers!

Yeah, I noticed that. Like that makes it ok to apply a choke hold and throw your man to the ground. I must have missed the memo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here