Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Benidorm for the Palace game

rrruss

Wandering Seagull
I have the severe misfortune to be working in Benidorm this morning but I'll be finished in time for kick off. Anyone else around?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I have the severe misfortune to be working in Benidorm this morning but I'll be finished in time for kick off. Anyone else around?

Off topic I know, but I'm looking to go on holiday later on this year, we normally choose a Greek island but they don't normally have much for my youngest, nine year old boy to do. This year I'd like to take him somewhere touristy so that there is loads to do for kids. Is Benidorm as bad as it's made out to be or would it be good for a one off holiday like this? Would need an area to stay in away from drunks and revellers too.

rrruss

Wandering Seagull
It's pretty grim in the area with all the British bars unless that's what you like, in which case it's cheap and buzzing with life!

Last night I stayed in the Hotel Mediterraneo, opposite Benidorm Palace, and they seem to have a lot laid on for kids once the season gets going. Jet2 Holidays and TUI come here so worth looking at. It is a 15-20 minute walk down to the beach though, hence it's away from the lager louts.

Speaking of which, I can't believe the number of stag and hen parties in town even though it's early March. Wife and I wrapped up in fleeces last night, but the groups were still out in their shorts!

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Don't live there but have a house about 15 miles away. We always used to stay well clear of Benidorm but when someone pointed out to us that it's the number one tourist destination for the Spanish curiosity got the better of us. From what I saw there were a lot of Brits but also a lot of Spanish and other nationalities. The beach is crowded but surprisingly clean.

For the kids there is a great water park on the edge of town plus a theme park with rides. A lot of the hotels (while looking like my personal idea of hell) do have decent pools. If you want to get out and about then you can get a tram along the coast to Alicante which has a castle. You can also do boat trips, some which have underwater windows for watching the fish and they see always quite cheap. The other thing my kids liked doing at that age was going go karting and that was there too. Depends what your boy likes really. Good luck!

However if you're going in the summer holidays it will be busy. Very.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
It's pretty grim in the area with all the British bars unless that's what you like, in which case it's cheap and buzzing with life!

Last night I stayed in the Hotel Mediterraneo, opposite Benidorm Palace, and they seem to have a lot laid on for kids once the season gets going. Jet2 Holidays and TUI come here so worth looking at. It is a 15-20 minute walk down to the beach though, hence it's away from the lager louts.

Speaking of which, I can't believe the number of stag and hen parties in town even though it's early March. Wife and I wrapped up in fleeces last night, but the groups were still out in their shorts!
If you live somewhere as nice as Guardamar what takes you to Benidorm? Know it quite well as my dad used to live about 10 miles inland from there

rrruss

Wandering Seagull
If you live somewhere as nice as Guardamar what takes you to Benidorm? Know it quite well as my dad used to live about 10 miles inland from there

I was there for work.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Anyone else around?

image.jpeg

:wink: :wave:

ArfurW8

May 22, 2009
Fort Neef
Off topic I know, but I'm looking to go on holiday later on this year, we normally choose a Greek island but they don't normally have much for my youngest, nine year old boy to do. This year I'd like to take him somewhere touristy so that there is loads to do for kids. Is Benidorm as bad as it's made out to be or would it be good for a one off holiday like this? Would need an area to stay in away from drunks and revellers too.

I believe the Magic chain of hotels are geared up for family holidays, normally got water slides and stuff for the kids.
I have had a look around a couple of them and thought they would be great fun for the grand children,hell on earth for me though.
They are mainly A/I and situated a bit away from the main drag.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here