Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton or Palace At Spurs' New Digs

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
So this is how it stands-
If Brighton win their FA Cup quarter-final match on Sunday 17th March we shall play Crystal Palace on Wednesday 3rd April and Brighton on 23rd/24th April.
If Brighton lose their FA Cup quarter-final match on Sunday 17th March we shall play Brighton on 6th/7th April (subject to Champions League scheduling) and Crystal Palace on 23rd/24th April.

Or put another way, Spurs would put back the Palace game to give us the honour of opening the stadium. And yes, I believe it is in return for us asking them to our ground.
Where's the brew bar? I'm on my way.
Oh wait, Wembley calls first.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
That makes no sense at all. Palace’s game is before ours whatever the outcome of the Millwall game according to that. :shrug:

Edit: Just read the article. Doesn’t really make sense to me. Why can’t they just play Palace on 3rd regardless?

But why aren't you playing Palace on the 3rd whatever happens with our game on 7th?

TV.

Sky want to show the first game live but because they've picked Spurs vs Brighton they can't forfeit the right to show our game and pick another until it is officially postponed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here