Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] After life

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Ricky Gervais and his sidekicks starts tonight. Looking forward to it.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Maybe it's me, but I just don't get the Ricky Gervaise humour thing, don't find any of it funny, so tend to avoid it.
Reminds me of Shakespeare plays, nobody likes or gets them, but everybody seems to 'love' them when questioned..
I suppose if your are told enough times that something is good then you tend to fall into step.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Maybe it's me, but I just don't get the Ricky Gervaise humour thing, don't find any of it funny, so tend to avoid it.
Reminds me of Shakespeare plays, nobody likes or gets them, but everybody seems to 'love' them when questioned..
I suppose if your are told enough times that something is good then you tend to fall into step.

Emperors New Clothes style... I sort of agree with you, while Gervais can be funny at times he is too smug for his own good and has a real punch me face!

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Started to watch it, but have had to stop due to the fact my neighbours have some sort of pet reptile and its food seems to have escaped, and have been chasing 3 weird looking critters around my flat. Programe looks ok as a gentle watch

el punal

Ricky Gervais? Your opinion is the same as mine.

Shakespeare plays - nobody likes them, or gets them? I’m afraid you’re wrong on that one. Yes, some of them maybe heavy going, but really, are you saying that no one is inspired by Henry V, or captivated by Romeo and Juliet? I could go on . . . :shrug:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

Or maybe, just maybe, some people have a different opinion to you and do like him?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

What a stupid ****ing statement, I like Gervies, Not everything he does ticks all the boxes but a good portion of it.

I really dont get whats hard to get, If you have ever spent 5 mins in the office, its bloody hilarious, Extras was great too and the first couple of his stand ups very good. Looking forward to seeing what its all about.

As for Shakespear you are wrong again too, I hated studying it, but I have enjoyed watching a couple of plays and films over the years.

Maybe just because you dont like it or get it doesnt mean other people dont. Opinions isnt it!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Can't stand Gervais, have seen a few Shakespeare plays and really enjoyed them. Odd comparison!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

I would say you are bang WRONG there. I both like them and get them. You know what they say about The office, if you do not 'get it' then you are probably one of the characters.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Emperors New Clothes style... I sort of agree with you, while Gervais can be funny at times he is too smug for his own good and has a real punch me face!

Sorry, but you know he plays this character on purpose? Irritates me when people say they cannot watch The Office cause Brent is really irritating, errrrr, yeaaaahhh, that is the point.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Office, Extras and Derek all genius IMO

His stand up is decent and even liked that ridiculous ghost town film he was in.

Idiot abroad amazing also.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here