Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Adam Johnson

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
If you’re getting Katie Price to handle your PR.....you really are in the shitter.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Geez - just read that article. On the terns of his licence he is not allowed to be alone with his two year old daughter. FFS, has the world gone mad - he was convicted of a sexual offences with an underage person, yes, but with a girl who was within a few months of being 'legal'. Yes, his behaviour was wrong, he was a prat, he was stupid, and got the book thrown at him for that - but to suggest that makes him a danger to his two year old daughter?

FFS, we're not talking about the bass player from the Lost Prophets here; now there was a high and dangerous level paedophile - lock him up forever, fine. Compared to that, though, Johnson's was a very low level offence, yet he seems to ne regarded in the same light by some. Ridiculous.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Geez - just read that article. On the terns of his licence he is not allowed to be alone with his two year old daughter. FFS, has the world gone mad - he was convicted of a sexual offences with an underage person, yes, but with a girl who was within a few months of being 'legal'. Yes, his behaviour was wrong, he was a prat, he was stupid, and got the book thrown at him for that - but to suggest that makes him a danger to his two year old daughter?

FFS, we're not talking about the bass player from the Lost Prophets here; now there was a high and dangerous level paedophile - lock him up forever, fine. Compared to that, though, Johnson's was a very low level offence, yet he seems to ne regarded in the same light by some. Ridiculous.

:facepalm:

A very low level offence? Jesus wept. I never had you down as a nonse apologist.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Said as much earlier in the thread. Tbf nobody on here took offence or disagreed it seemed. Yes very stupid etc but hardly a proper nonce of Saville proportions.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

Ian Watkins was the lead singer of Lost Prophets, not the bassist.

Adam Johnson groomed an underage girl, using his fame and fortune to try to have sex with her. Disgusting individual, and I find it hard to understand how anyone can feel he deserves leniency.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
:facepalm:

A very low level offence? Jesus wept. I never had you down as a nonse apologist.
So there aren't different levels of severity of sexual offences? Good God, what a weird world you live in.

....and just make sure you don't actually call me a nonce apologist. Think libel.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ian Watkins was the lead singer of Lost Prophets, not the bassist.

Adam Johnson groomed an underage girl, using his fame and fortune to try to have sex with her. Disgusting individual, and I find it hard to understand how anyone can feel he deserves leniency.
Stupid reply. Did I ever suggest he should be treated leniently? No, I certainly didn't. I called him a prat who rightly got punished. I did however point out, to the amazement of our friend in Germany, who has no understanding of these things, that there are levels of sexual offences; some are more serious than others. In the normal world, you see, nearly (but not actually) having sex with a 15 year old girl is not the same as shagging a small baby. If you can't see the difference, you really do have a problem.

The fact that he was toying with a 15 year old girl's affections, quite possibly with the ultimate aim of having sex, does not make him a danger to his two year old daughter.

PS If the paedo wasn't the bassist, I apologise - I thought it was.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Said as much earlier in the thread. Tbf nobody on here took offence or disagreed it seemed. Yes very stupid etc but hardly a proper nonce of Saville proportions.

Exactly. Some fanatics can't accept that there are different levels. Thankfully, our justice system has more sense, which is why some sex offenders get very long sentences and others get much shorter ones - or even probation in some cases.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Stupid reply. Did I ever suggest he should be treated leniently? No, I certainly didn't. I called him a prat who rightly got punished. I did however point out, to the amazement of our friend in Germany, who has no understanding of these things, that there are levels of sexual offences; some are more serious than others. In the normal world, you see, nearly (but not actually) having sex with a 15 year old girl is not the same as shagging a small baby. If you can't see the difference, you really do have a problem.

The fact that he was toying with a 15 year old girl's affections, quite possibly with the ultimate aim of having sex, does not make him a danger to his two year old daughter.

PS If the paedo wasn't the bassist, I apologise - I thought it was.

You call MY reply stupid? Bloody Hell...

Neither HT nor me suggested that there are not different levels of sexual offence. I find it difficult to believe that you think either of us would place what Adam Johnson did at the same level as Watkins' offences.

But to call someone a 'prat' who was guilty of 'very low level offences' suggests that you don't take what he did particularly seriously. I'm afraid I do. It's a dangerous road to go down if you compare someone's level of offence with the extremes of depravity that Watkins displayed. It's an utterly irrelevant comparison.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Why are we fighting over Adam Johnson and his level of nonceness? Just ask yourself this..”would I leave my daughter alone with him” (assuming your daughter is not an adult) if the answer is “yes..yes I would” then carry on.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So there aren't different levels of severity of sexual offences? Good God, what a weird world you live in.

....and just make sure you don't actually call me a nonce apologist. Think libel.

What is it with you and other similar characters on here. You never read what is written. Or is it a calculated straw man argument to get yourself out of a shameful hole you’ve dug?

I was questioning your statement that his crime was low level. Grooming, and then abusing, a minor is not low level crime. Got that?

PS libel, grow up.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Someone at the daily mail (toilet paper) really hates Adam Johnson, now don’t get me wrong here what he did was totally wrong but articles like this are truly out of order in my opinion, he has served the time given to him and at this point should be allowed to move on with his life.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6871243/Anger-freed-paedophile-Adam-Johnson-flashes-100-000-watch-walking-dog-sister.html#article-6871243

Not a nice article but a pretty horrible paper.

Maybe it's just me, but it reads like an invite to any would be mugger in the area that there is £100k worth of bling right there if you happen to see him in the park.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
What exactly is a ‘nonce apologist’ by the way? I don’t think it’s makes that poster a nonce apologist to suggest there’s a large difference between being a man who involves himself with someone who is 15 or perhaps a 5 year old? Both are wrong undoubtably, but I think there is a clear distinguished difference between predating on someone who is a pre-pubescent child and a 15 year old who has control of her own choices, it is still wrong as 15 is still a child but there is a difference in my opinion and labelling both with the same stigma is dangerous.

I accept some may disagree but that’s my view on it.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Someone at the daily mail (toilet paper) really hates Adam Johnson, now don’t get me wrong here what he did was totally wrong but articles like this are truly out of order in my opinion, he has served the time given to him and at this point should be allowed to move on with his life.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6871243/Anger-freed-paedophile-Adam-Johnson-flashes-100-000-watch-walking-dog-sister.html#article-6871243

Horrible article and it was good to see that the comments I read at the bottom of the page all agreed. The bloke is a **** but he's served his time and so long as he stays away from football, and minors, he should be left alone.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What exactly is a ‘nonce apologist’ by the way? I don’t think it’s makes that poster a nonce apologist to suggest there’s a large difference between being a man who involves himself with someone who is 15 or perhaps a 5 year old? Both are wrong undoubtably, but I think there is a clear distinguished difference between predating on someone who is a pre-pubescent child and a 15 year old who has control of her own choices, it is still wrong as 15 is still a child but there is a difference in my opinion and labelling both with the same stigma is dangerous.

I accept some may disagree but that’s my view on it.

Johnson was given a long jail term for grooming and sexually abusing a child, and from a position of trust/power. Evidence shows victims are affected for life. Remember too the ensuing aggressive abuse the victim faced. Johnson also lied to the bitter end.

You can keep drawing contrasts as much as you like, but you cannot argue with the facts.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Not a nice article but a pretty horrible paper.

Maybe it's just me, but it reads like an invite to any would be mugger in the area that there is £100k worth of bling right there if you happen to see him in the park.

I dunno. A few small paragraphs with unnamed source postulating that the family of the girl he tried to groom would be fixated on the cost of his watch (more than his being free), then segues into what struck me as bit of a fluff piece - his sister standing by him, his ex making the argument what he did wasn't so bad (not really challenged by the piece, essentially accepting her view of it as unarguable), tales of how scared he is/was, how his time in prison has affect him (cleaning was his last job, now all he does is clean, he's gorging on takeaways because he missed them so much!! etc.)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here