Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton's future (and past)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I think that would give us a decent chance going into away games of playing well and winning, a bit of rarity over the last 19 months as we’ve been finding our PL feet.

In the PL away results table, we're currently outside the relegation zone.
I suspect that given our run of fixtures, we'll plummet into it come the end of the season. At the same time, we should rise up the PL home results table.

D

Deleted member 2719

Well Tony admitted that he wasn't about to sack Sami Hyypia, even though results had been dire and we were facing relegation. Sami did the decent thing and resigned.

Do you believe that?
The facts say he quit, in reality, I am sure he was asked to quit.
Long term it is very attractive to future managers if they believe that BHA are not trigger happy club.
It gives us the edge.

If Tony thinks Hughton has hit the glass ceiling he will also be quitting.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Actually,I thought about this and depending who we play in the final and it could be two. If we got to the final and we lost say to Man City we would be in Europe after 2 wins. Is this correct?
Does that rule still apply - that the FA Cup Final loser gets a European space if the winner has already qualified through league position? It used to apply to the loser in the League Cup final (probably a place in the Fairs Cup back then) but that has been stopped. Wouldn't be surprised if the same hadn't been applied to the FA Cup runners up too by now - the league is so massive these days and the FA Cup is so......meh....to the football powers that be.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
The thing is with Chris he has never had the opportunity to develop a squad before he came to us. He is almost too nice to be a manager, some may say. He is so low key he could be accused of being boring. Managers are rarely given the time to develop a squad and give the younger players a chance because the here and now is so important to the finances of the club.
I think our club is different in so many ways to other clubs. Our owner is the best thing that could have happened for us. He feels like we do but is way too intelligent to react with knee jerk reactions when the going gets tough. He isn’t called the “Lizard” for no reason. Everything is done in a cool and calculated way.
I agree with posters that say this summer we should concentrate on quality signings to move forward. I also think that TB thought this before most of us did!
There is a planned progression going on here if you stand back and look at it dispassionately.
I love it!

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
I'm disappointed that CH has gone but all the stick the pundits got for saying this was misplaced.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here