studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
1971/72 First time experience of a promotion season
1979/80 First time in the top division
2010/11 Runaway division winners

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Seeing as there is no love for 1990/91, I will big it up. Despite ending badly, it was the year I attended the highest number of games and there was the Liverpool FA cup games and the Millwall play off games. Small and Byrne. What's not to like?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
It didn't have the happy ending we all wanted (although in some ways maybe it did - paving the way for 2016/17's success) - but I absolutely LOVED 2015/16.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWdAdiuDXu8

Good point. That was an absolutely belting season. I always feel a bit for Hemed... Had we gone up that season, things could have been so different. As it was, Murray came in and the rest is history.

Player-wise though, Knockaert, Stockdale, Kayal, Stephens, Dunk, Bruno, Rosenior (to name a few) were absolutely on fire that season too.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
To rank them would be hard, but my top three, without a doubt:

1987/88 Fired to promotion from the third tier, by the goals of the brilliant Garry Nelson. I was 17 years old and allowed to get to away games under my own steam. Brilliant memories. Newport Pagnall services on the way home from Chester away, all crowded round a radio, to hear the other result, that meant it was all still in our hands. The joy of confirming promotion at home to Bristol Rovers - all the players up in the West Stand directors box - Adrian Owers in just his pants. A guy in a full gorilla suit celebrating with them, who was a kid from our school who was banned at the time! Absolute scenes.

2010/11 "were ****ing brilliant" etc. And we were. Charlton and Peterborough away ("three nil, in your cup final...") The best football we'd ever seen the Albion play, sprinkled with new exotic heroes on board the Gus Bus. The nine straight wins in Magic March, Beating moneybags Saints to the title, and the whole Adkins nonsense. Brilliant

2016/17 Promotion to the PL after a few years of knocking on the door. Boro passing us on the way. Lots and lots of goals. The incredible Sheffield Wednesday game. Fulham and QPR away. On the pitch after Wigan, with Bloom stood arms out with a massive grin on his face. Sweet Caroline. The concourse after, as some random Derby player scored the goal that brought absolute confirmation. The seafront parade. Amazing stuff.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It didn't have the happy ending we all wanted (although in some ways maybe it did - paving the way for 2016/17's success) - but I absolutely LOVED 2015/16.

Good call! After the cluster**** of the previous season, there were no real expectations and it was fantastic fun to go from a backs to the wall relegation fight to being the top scorers in the division. I actually enjoyed it more than 16/17, as there was much greater expectation that season.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
76/77 for the League Cup memories
99/00 for being back home
16/17 for getting to the big time

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
1971-72 Great attacking football, home and away, the late late show winning matches. became a teenager so remember it fondly
1978-79 The best year for me, never dreamed we would make the first division, Newcastle away never to be forgotten
2017-2018 Playing and holding our own in the premier league to a packed AMEX, long may it continue.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
To rank them would be hard, but my top three, without a doubt:

1987/88 Fired to promotion from the third tier, by the goals of the brilliant Garry Nelson. I was 17 years old and allowed to get to away games under my own steam. Brilliant memories. Newport Pagnall services on the way home from Chester away, all crowded round a radio, to hear the other result, that meant it was all still in our hands. The joy of confirming promotion at home to Bristol Rovers - all the players up in the West Stand directors box - Adrian Owers in just his pants. A guy in a full gorilla suit celebrating with them, who was a kid from our school who was banned at the time! Absolute scenes.

2010/11 "were ****ing brilliant" etc. And we were. Charlton and Peterborough away ("three nil, in your cup final...") The best football we'd ever seen the Albion play, sprinkled with new exotic heroes on board the Gus Bus. The nine straight wins in Magic March, Beating moneybags Saints to the title, and the whole Adkins nonsense. Brilliant

2016/17 Promotion to the PL after a few years of knocking on the door. Boro passing us on the way. Lots and lots of goals. The incredible Sheffield Wednesday game. Fulham and QPR away. On the pitch after Wigan, with Bloom stood arms out with a massive grin on his face. Sweet Caroline. The concourse after, as some random Derby player scored the goal that brought absolute confirmation. The seafront parade. Amazing stuff.

Same 3 for me, also loved 1990/91

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Honourable mention for 87/88. Finishing behind Sunderland. Barry Lloyd's Blue and White Army! Nelson and Bremner

One of my favourite seasons !

Was just at that age when away games involved drinking!

So many great away trips that season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
How on earth do any of you remember the years? Doesn't it all blue into 1 after all this time? I remember one year though

96/97 - tumultuous on a scale not seen before or since. Breathless - all encapsulating - unforgettable

Other that that, I was properly into the year when Dean Wilkins played the youth team and we finished 7th. Great to see a team with young Brighton lads.
The div 3 promotion season where we gloated over Cheaterfield and Cullip slammed in a header was good. Pride restored after a decade of dross

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
1964-1965 was the ultimate. Not only did we sign Bobby Smith, sixth months after he last played for England, but we also scored 102 goals and won Div 4 in the last game in front of 31,000 on a memorable Goldstone night.

My 2nd season watching the Albion and what a great one!

Also loved 1977/78 and 1978/79 Great atmosphere especially at the evening games.

And of course, 2016/2017 So proud of our performances and people here starting knowing who the Albion were!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

This all day. 2015/16 was like The Empire Strikes Back. The good guys didn't win, but you felt so many feelings, and it set up the next film perfectly. I honestly enjoyed it more than 16/17 overall, because by that point it just felt so right that we were heading up, almost a foregone conclusion, as arrogant as that might sound.

My top 3
2010/11 - Poyet's Albion peak - liquid football
2015/16 - #together
and
20/17/18 - First taste of the Prem

for me.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
1. 2016/17 - immense, including big wins against teams who’d spent, Sidwell @ Bristol, Dunk @ Fulham, Pocognoli @ QPR, Knockaert’s passion doing it for his Dad, Wigan @ home with 20,000 on the pitch.

2. 1976/77 - my first full season as a supporter, Ward and Mellor, sometimes 30,000 plus rammed in, the 7-0 and 7-2, magical memories as a kid.

3. 1978/79 - as above, but a bit more stressful.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
76/77 is easy for reasons stated already, and then some.

2010/11 is obvious too, but maybe a bit obvious. No, definitely a favourite.

Third is a toss-up between 77/78, which had the better football and a really intense end to the season, and 96/97, which is just unforgettable.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
1964-1965 was the ultimate. Not only did we sign Bobby Smith, sixth months after he last played for England, but we also scored 102 goals and won Div 4 in the last game in front of 31,000 on a memorable Goldstone night.

Happy days! Photo taken of a few of us by the Herald.

66AF62BF-CA08-4435-AA43-F31C93042C61.jpeg

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
2008/09 - we were awful for most of the season and looked dead certs to go down but then Slade came in and those last couple of months were brilliant. Quite a miraculous escape really and who knows where we’d be now had we gone down to L2.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Hard one to pin down to just three seasons...but the following:

1971/72 first promotion season I witnessed ..finishing with that gorgeous May evening capacity crowd and John Templeman's free kick in the third(?) minute

1976/77 Again promotion ...but that was alongside the goals of Peter Ward and Ian Mellor ...Ward has to date remained my favourite Albion striker

2011/12 First season at the Amex...because of what it meant ..plus I had never previously sat in such luxury at a football ground :moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here