Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Magenta Devine RIP

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
TV presenter Magenta Devine, known for her appearances on Channel 4's Network 7 and BBC Two's Rough Guides to the World, has died after a short illness.
According to her family, the 61-year-old had been undergoing treatment at a central London hospital.
Known for her sunglasses and stylish attire, Devine - real name Kim Taylor - was born in Hemel Hempstead in 1957.

Only 61 that's no age it's almost my age !

I always thought she was a very stylish woman another punk period icon gone very sad RIP

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I haven't seen her on the television for years.

I liked the Rough Guide series.

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
I remember her well as being involved with Sigue Sigue Sputnik - Google it kids...

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Essential watching travel show in its day, opened my eyes to and made me want to see the world certainly. She fascinated me as she really epitomised cool, style and sophistication. A strikingly beautiful women indeed and excellent TV presenter. Sad to hear this news.l therefore, RIP Magenta!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Sufferered for years with hard drugs, before BBC2 saved her. She spoke candidly about that. RIP.

The travel guides were great, at a time when the World seemed a bigger place.

Indeed found her Rough Guides an inspiration to my own adventures, great presenter, unique style

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Very sad. Really enjoyed the Rough Guide series. She was uber cool in the 90's

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here