Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] How to cock up your football career the Berahino way

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
He really has ballsed it up, from that moment where he was the most coveted young English striker. Attitude, temperament, fitness, court cases, what he could have been and done, you name it.

Other contenders? Leon Knight also springs to mind...

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Jermaine Pennant
Charles N'Zogbia
Keiron Richardson
Micah Richards
Jack Colback
Nile Ranger
Nicklas Bendtner

By their mid-20's, they'd blown great prospects, with a sharp decline in playing fortunes. Some involved in brushes with fans, Ranger with the law.

All paid handsomely.

Villa, Newcastle and Sunderland were magnets for wasters.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Really unlikeable person.

Has only really had 1 good season.

Will prob end up with a long list of clubs , each one slightly worse quality than the previous.

Sad thing is , he's probably already a millionaire out of football

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Jermaine Pennant
Charles N'Zogbia
Keiron Richardson
Micah Richards
Jack Colback
Nile Ranger
Nicklas Bendtner

By their mid-20's, they'd blown great prospects, with a sharp decline in playing fortunes. Some involved in brushes with fans, Ranger with the law.

All paid handsomely.

Villa, Newcastle and Sunderland were magnets for wasters.

Not sure About N'Zogbia, what did he do so wrong?

As for Colback, he went to Newcastle for money, however he is still playing in the Championship for Forest, Seems harsh to critise someone who isnt quite good enough, not a waste of pure talent.

Like Tarabbt and Ravel Morrison.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Really unlikeable person.

Has only really had 1 good season.

Will prob end up with a long list of clubs , each one slightly worse quality than the previous.

Sad thing is , he's probably already a millionaire out of football

Is he but what do you really know about it, tried to force a move through to Spurs, who ultimately are a much much bigger club than WBA, look where they both are now. That one thing seemed to ruin his career, however portraid badly in the media,

Then you Have Jack Grealish, who was wanted by Spurs but stayed with Villa for the Money in the championship who is nowhere near portrayed in the same way.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Is he but what do you really know about it, tried to force a move through to Spurs, who ultimately are a much much bigger club than WBA, look where they both are now. That one thing seemed to ruin his career, however portraid badly in the media,

Then you Have Jack Grealish, who was wanted by Spurs but stayed with Villa for the Money in the championship who is nowhere near portrayed in the same way.

cant compare the 2

Berhino been in press for all sorts of things which don't paint him in a good light.

Pages of it on google if you dig beneath surface.

Seems a total shit bag of a bloke

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Jack Rodwell
I suppose you can still cock up your career, as money isn't everything.
But if I still earned £70,000 a week while cocking up I might be hard pressed to have a wistful 'what might have been' moment.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I suppose you can still cock up your career, as money isn't everything.
But if I still earned £70,000 a week while cocking up I might be hard pressed to have a wistful 'what might have been' moment.
Reflecting ruefully on your sofa made entirely from CASH.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Seems a total shit bag of a bloke

If Wiki is to be believed:-

Born in 1993 in Bujumbura, the then-capital of Burundi,[2] Berahino played football as a child with a ball of plastic bags tied up with laces.[4] His father was killed in 1997 during the Burundian Civil War.[5] He travelled to England alone at the age of 10,[6][7] fleeing the ongoing war to join his mother, brother and sisters who had already been granted asylum in Newtown, Birmingham. He could not locate his family on arrival, and was put in a care home. After his mother Liliane was traced, immigration officials had to administer a DNA test to confirm their relationship.[4]

Berahino attended Aston Manor School,[8] where he gained ten GCSE certificates and competed in basketball and athletics in addition to football.[9] His childhood friends included Ateeq Javid and Recordo Gordon, both of whom went on to play County Championship cricket for Warwickshire.[9] Initially speaking only French[10] and having played street football in his native Burundi, Berahino attributed his love for the sport with helping him integrate quickly into English society.

There but for the grace of god go I

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Robin Friday

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not sure About N'Zogbia, what did he do so wrong?

As for Colback, he went to Newcastle for money, however he is still playing in the Championship for Forest, Seems harsh to critise someone who isnt quite good enough, not a waste of pure talent.

Like Tarabbt and Ravel Morrison.

Sat in the Villa reserves for years on big money, they couldn't squeeze him out and he stuck his guns. Villa fans despised him for it.

No crime committed, I was on his side, as the club were stupid enough to throw money around.

Just a waste, he didn't mind not playing when still at a good age for a footballer.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Scott Sinclair was another. Hopefully the Jadon Sancho situation has encouraged young English talent to look elsewhere rather than sitting and rotting in the Man City reserve team then getting flogged for ridiculous money to someone like Newcastle and pissing your career away.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here