Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gary Elphick to Hastings Utd.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Thought he needed a break from football when he left Burgess Hill a fortnight ago?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well he did play a couple of times for the first team...
Yes, twice according to Wiki.I only remember one of them though - I think it was his debut - his first action in the game was to tackle someone, and he got a red card. Felt quite sorry for him - bearing in mind his youth and inexperience, I thought the ref could have given him one chance!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Yes, twice according to Wiki.I only remember one of them though - I think it was his debut - his first action in the game was to tackle someone, and he got a red card. Felt quite sorry for him - bearing in mind his youth and inexperience, I thought the ref could have given him one chance!

His first appearance was as an injury time sub in a 1-0 home defeat by Sheff Utd in September 2005. His next and final appearance was his full debut away to Reading (played in December I think) which is the game everyone remembers when he got a red card a few mins into the second half. Tommy was on the bench in that game and came on to make his debut with about 10 mins remaining. Kitson got a hat-trick that day, unfortunately it was Dave Kitson scoring them for Reading.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
looks younger than i remember (one for Football Manager fans)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
His first appearance was as an injury time sub in a 1-0 home defeat by Sheff Utd in September 2005. His next and final appearance was his full debut away to Reading (played in December I think) which is the game everyone remembers when he got a red card a few mins into the second half. Tommy was on the bench in that game and came on to make his debut with about 10 mins remaining. Kitson got a hat-trick that day, unfortunately it was Dave Kitson scoring them for Reading.
Thanks for the info - I could have sworn he was sent off at the start rather than the second half; memory playing tricks, I guess.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot

The game that also included the incredible own goal by Charlie Oatway (I think) under no pressure went to hit the ball on the turn and fell over, knocking the ball in in the process.

I am pretty sure I remember the red card being somewhat of a dive as well? They got a penalty straight after the free kick which was also a dive

This was all a very long time ago but I am sure I remember it correctly. Ended up chatting with Jake Robinson after the game for ages.

edit: Now coming back in to my memory was a brilliant moment when we got back to Bromley after the match. My friends dad came to pick her up and caused about a 10 second delay to a woman crossing the road. As she walked past she screamed at the top of her voice 'may all your Christmas puddings be cursed' ... I grew up in an odd place

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009

I thought I recalled him playing a full first team match at Withdean but repeatedly being skinned by a fast striker. Must be getting old :(

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Yes, I was at that Reading match. People say we are rubbish now, need to recall those games.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
That was the story........but they’ve lost other (decent) players too. Smacks of rats and sinking ships a bit......

Not surprising seeing as they seem certain to get relegated from the Bostik Premier.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not surprising seeing as they seem certain to get relegated from the Bostik Premier.

Nailed on unless they get lucky with ground regulations again or something - certainly don’t look like playing their way out of trouble. Local chatter is that all is not well behind the scenes between manager and players etc - again, hardly surprising given their league position

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nailed on unless they get lucky with ground regulations again or something - certainly don’t look like playing their way out of trouble. Local chatter is that all is not well behind the scenes between manager and players etc - again, hardly surprising given their league position

Is that why Ian Chapman left or as a result of him leaving

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here