Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Clash Appreciation Thread

Having packed all my cds away I have been left with one cassette (give em enough rope) been playing it non stop. Loved the clash saw them on Hastings pier, Crawley leisure centre, Brighton top rank, conference centre all great concerts and Joe Strummer Latino rockabilly etc at the dome. Fav band along with joy division.:moo:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As an aside I said I never saw The Clash, but I have seen all the components live:

Terry Chimes - drumming for post Hanoi Rocks band Cherry Bombz
Joe Strummer - solo.
Paul Simonon - Gorillaz, The Good The Bad The Queen
Mick Jones - half time tombola at Loftus Road. Gorillaz.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
My first memory of that day was Patrick Fitzgerald getting about 30 seconds into his gentle set then being hit square in the face by a can of lager thrown by some feral c*** skinhead down the front. Hated those low IQ Nazi scum then, hate them to this day. Pure trash.

You've lived down south a long time then, when did you leave Scotland? Out of interest .... (OK, I'm a nosey busy body)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You've lived down south a long time then, when did you leave Scotland? Out of interest .... (OK, I'm a nosey busy body)

1970ish. You know that famous line "they **** you up, your mum and dad". Mine did worse. They uprooted us to go and live in the ****ing Medway Towns. Sake! :angry:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Not even The Damned or Stiff Little Fingers? (or the Buzzcocks? Only kidding folks!)

Gotta admit they were really good and put on a great live show. Love "Julie's Been Working for the Drug Squad".

Kid all you like, Buzzcocks were a lot better than the Clash in my opinion. Probably the best band i have ever seen live. and i have seen a lot over the last 40 years.

:moo:

Attachments

• asset (3).jpeg
    asset (3).jpeg
    28.2 KB · Views: 143

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country

First of my 5 Clash gigs was on that tour that Return of the Rev has posted a flyer of, in Cardiff Richard Hell was just about the loudest group I've EVER heard. The 3rd group on the bill was an all female French Punk Group called (from memory) The Lou's.

Also saw them at RaR at Vicky Park in Hackney.

joydivisionovengloves

Aug 10, 2019
N/E Somerset
Without doubt my favourite band of all time and London Calling is my fave album and probably the biggest cultural influence on the younger me.
They introduced me to new styles of music, references in songs have introduced films, actors, authors and politics.

I saw them twice, although the second time was the 'Cut The Crap 'version but they didn't disappoint and Strummer's gigs were always great.
I met Strummer in the old Virgin Records on Western Road the day of the Dome gig in the late 80's, he was signing copies of Earthquake Weather and the teenage me was so star struck
I was lucky last summer to spend a splendid half hour chatting and drinking coffee with Paul Simonon back stage at Glastonbury. I still grin my face off when I think about it. He was every thing you want a hero to be.
Even now in my 50's I still a fanboy !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here