Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Tunes you don't expect to hear

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Been into my local Morrisons recently, to browse the kids clothes, in brackets, dragged there by wife, and was surprised to hear this little ditty playing in the background - this is now 37 years old so wondered what prompted my Morrisons DJ to add this to his play list?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU

Any other tunes you didn't expect to hear, anywhere?

Good tune, and it got me thinking that if, on the off chance, Jahanbakhsh starts banging a few in, he'll have to have a song. So a simple one then, lifted from the chorus:

I -ran, it's so far awa-a-ay
But it gave us, gave us Ali J

*repeat 'til bored

Given the group's name, I'm expecting no argument from anyone...

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
I was in Reading recently (against my will obviously). I spent quite a long time in a shop that played the whole Too Much Too Young EP and followed it up with Spanish Bombs and Down In The Tubetstation.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I was in Reading recently (against my will obviously). I spent quite a long time in a shop that played the whole Too Much Too Young EP and followed it up with Spanish Bombs and Down In The Tubetstation.

What's that have to do with Ali Jahanbakhsh?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Credit where it's due, [MENTION=528]attila[/MENTION]'s tunes at Withdean were always top-notch :clap2:

*completely depressed voice* "And it's Marco Gabbiadini again...... for his hat-trick..... well done...."

*Final whistle, Attila plays "Tragedy"*

It did help to make a terrible match very funny.

Oh sorry, that was Priestfield not Withdean.........

...Another fan of "DJ Morrison". Heard this great track blasting out a year or so ago. Shouts out "...theme to '70's blaxploitation cop movie", which it is. It was a great accompaniment to me trying to stuff another spud into my "pic'n'mix" medium salad tray :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOg_8hCC4u4

matt

Mar 19, 2007
I was in Forever21 (massive clothes shop for teenage girls), Times Square, NYC a few years ago (I had a legitimate reason) and they played 'Running in the Family' by Level 42, which was never a hit in the US. That was odd.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here