Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Tunes you don't expect to hear

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Fecking Christmas songs that come up on my Ipod shuffle when it’s not even December

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I'm pretty sure I heard an instrumental version of 'Octopussy' by The Wedding Present used to advertise formula milk a couple of years back.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Walking round Tesco some months back at teatime and I hear Ian Dury singing that one that goes "There ain't half been some clever ********". On Saturday Liza Tarbuck played a track from Fakebook by Yo La Tengo, Here comes my Baby. She does play some good stuff. Most welcome.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Been into my local Morrisons recently, to browse the kids clothes, in brackets, dragged there by wife, and was surprised to hear this little ditty playing in the background - this is now 37 years old so wondered what prompted my Morrisons DJ to add this to his play list?

Any other tunes you didn't expect to hear, anywhere?

Pretty much every time I go into Morrison's their in-store music is noticeably good. Plenty of 80's played. I had this belter stuck in my head a couple of Friday's back after hearing it in there for example:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Doing Pilates the other week and normally we have soothing music to relax by....we had this guy putting us through our paces and in the relaxation session after 45 minutes of torture, he turned th lights off, we all layers therebexpecting some Mozart or Chopin, and by heck, on came stairway to heaven from the four symbols.

Magnificent.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Been into my local Morrisons recently, to browse the kids clothes, in brackets, dragged there by wife, and was surprised to hear this little ditty playing in the background - this is now 37 years old so wondered what prompted my Morrisons DJ to add this to his play list?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU

Any other tunes you didn't expect to hear, anywhere?

I hope they played this as a riposte for the resident shoplifters.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Fecking Christmas songs that come up on my Ipod shuffle when it’s not even December

You have Christmas songs on your iPod? You're letting yourself down, your friends down and your family down. :facepalm:
:lolol:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Pretty much every time I go into Morrison's their in-store music is noticeably good. Plenty of 80's played. I had this belter stuck in my head a couple of Friday's back after hearing it in there for example:

Shhhhh! Tesco's are reading this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here