Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Borussia Dortmund - Tinpot ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sadly, I agree. The bloke next to me still screws up Oh Sussex, Sussex by the sea, too - and it’s the first line he joins in with! :facepalm:

You mean it isn't 'Good old sausage'? :eek:

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
This from someone who's club anthem is from a completely irrelevant randomly-plucked obscure 1960's slice of PAP, that nobody likes, or remembers.

Lets face it. The sole reason it was adopted by CPFC was because it has a great big "DUM DUM" in the middle of the chorus, so that your mammering lobotomised slack-jawed dead-eyed GUDGEONS in the stands have something supremely basic to clap along to. Like a diseased drugged-up lab rat twitching a leg to an electrical current.

When you have a proper, genuine anthem like the famous and evocative WW1 marching song Sussex By the Sea, your feeble 'Dave Clark Five' shabbering dreck doesn't quite cut it. Does it.

Very well said. They should have stuck with that other Dave Clark Five track “bits and pieces”, it perfectly sums up the sh*thole they call home.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
All the while people sing "going up to win the cup" (not even the correct, wrong words: "going up and we'll win the cup"), the words on the screen are a sad necessity.

Come on, over the years both of those lines have been sung, I don’t blame anyone for still using them.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Agreed! TBH I don't think we can accuse anybody of being tinpot all the time we need to have the words of our own song on the screen for our own fans to learn. In terms of tin pottery this is almost Reading!

People have sung different versions over the years - even dear old Norman W wrote his own words to it.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
This from someone who's club anthem is from a completely irrelevant randomly-plucked obscure 1960's slice of PAP, that nobody likes, or remembers.

Lets face it. The sole reason it was adopted by CPFC was because it has a great big "DUM DUM" in the middle of the chorus, so that your mammering lobotomised slack-jawed dead-eyed GUDGEONS in the stands have something supremely basic to clap along to. Like a diseased drugged-up lab rat twitching a leg to an electrical current.

When you have a proper, genuine anthem like the famous and evocative WW1 marching song Sussex By the Sea, your feeble 'Dave Clark Five' shabbering dreck doesn't quite cut it. Does it.

Titter

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I remember we used to sing a speeded up version of YNWA, with handclaps in it.

Walk on, (clap, clap) Walk on (clap, clap,) with hope(clap,clap) in your heart,(clap , clap) and you’ll nev, (clap clap)er walk(clap clap) alone,( clap clap) etc,etc, etc.

We may even have been the first club to sing this version.
It was a song of 2 halves that we used to sing in 70s and 80s... started normally, a la Liverpool... then after a full round of the chorus, morphed into the clappy version...

Most clubs sang YNWA towards the end of a game if your team played outstandingly on the day,.... or were duffed by a better team on the day.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Most clubs sang YNWA towards the end of a game if your team played outstandingly on the day,.... or were duffed by a better team on the day.
More innocent times. No-one watching the game on a livestream and jumping on social media to call you out as tinpot for chant plagiarism...

I was disappointed to hear Sheffield Wednesday the other night serenading one of their players to the tune of our new "Dunk is one of our own" song... before that I thought we might be singing something original.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Let's be honest - It's a doleful, whiny and perversely irritating song that drones on and on and on.

There's no tinpottery about it, it's just downright dross.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here