Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Borussia Dortmund - Tinpot ?

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
I’ve read it all on here now, a Brighton fan thinks Borussia Dortmund might be‘Tin Pot’ over one song they sing.

Lost for words. :D

Surprised at who posted it mind, have I misunderstood a certain nuance?

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Celtic still sing it now. It was a hit song from carosel that many clubs sang including Manchester United https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ws/youll-never-walk-alone-is-our-song-1121768. Much like you heard the Spurs fans singing "Oh when the Spurs go marching in" many clubs sang that too but now its pretty much only them and Southampton.

It was a hit from Carousel that was popularised by a group from Merseyside. Spur's traditional anthem was the Battle Hymn of the Republic (Glory Glory Hallelujah) since appropriated by Man U. At least nobody is likely to pinch our song - it's all about identity !

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Of course, we NEVER use songs that originate from other clubs.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
I’ve read it all on here now, a Brighton fan thinks Borussia Dortmund might be‘Tin Pot’ over one song they sing.

I think you are nuance-ely challenged ! Think I've seen more surprising things on this board though.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
It was a hit from Carousel that was popularised by a group from Merseyside. Spur's traditional anthem was the Battle Hymn of the Republic (Glory Glory Hallelujah) since appropriated by Man U. At least nobody is likely to pinch our song - it's all about identity !

The film wasnt made in Merseyside it was that that made the song popular. As you say at least nobody will copy ours :D

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Celtic still sing it now. It was a hit song from carosel that many clubs sang including Manchester United https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ws/youll-never-walk-alone-is-our-song-1121768. Much like you heard the Spurs fans singing "Oh when the Spurs go marching in" many clubs sang that too but now its pretty much only them and Southampton.

C_71_Articles_130093_BodyWeb_Detail_0_Image.jpg

The photo they used for that article is bloody terrifying...

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I remember we used to sing a speeded up version of YNWA, with handclaps in it.

Walk on, (clap, clap) Walk on (clap, clap,) with hope(clap,clap) in your heart,(clap , clap) and you’ll nev, (clap clap)er walk(clap clap) alone,( clap clap) etc,etc, etc.

We may even have been the first club to sing this version.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

This from someone who's club anthem is from a completely irrelevant randomly-plucked obscure 1960's slice of PAP, that nobody likes, or remembers.

Lets face it. The sole reason it was adopted by CPFC was because it has a great big "DUM DUM" in the middle of the chorus, so that your mammering lobotomised slack-jawed dead-eyed GUDGEONS in the stands have something supremely basic to clap along to. Like a diseased drugged-up lab rat twitching a leg to an electrical current.

When you have a proper, genuine anthem like the famous and evocative WW1 marching song Sussex By the Sea, your feeble 'Dave Clark Five' shabbering dreck doesn't quite cut it. Does it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here