Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] UEFA CL March 5/6 knockout stages.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I just hope we get some consistency when it comes to these sort of decisions. Similar to pulling and holding at corners, refs need to either give every one or none at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I think it's brilliant. Detest everything that PSG represent. Always great also to see academy players break through and represent their childhood clubs. We all know what it means to Dunky and I thought it was great to see Rashford bang in that penalty under pressure for his childhood club.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
ABU, frankly, as far as I am concerned. The ref deserves a lot of credit for getting MUFC over the line. Wouldn't have made it without him.

Possibly, but to be in the position of only 1 goal behind, given a 2-0 deficit in the first leg and lord knows how many injuries to 1st team players...that's a pretty decent achievement for any team.

If it was Liverpool people would be lauding them as unlucky heroes.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Rio, Owen and Owen all adamant it wasn't, but I was with Peter Walton on this one. How do you not give that on review? He turns his back on the ball, his arm comes out, is then high, and possibly stops a goal. Not sure it was as clear as the pundits were making out.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
I hate PSG. The absolute worst of modern football epitomised by one team. You could trawl the entire planet and you’ll never find another bunch who manage to pack so much cheating, diving, time wasting, injury feigning, cynical fouling and all round unpleasantness into every performance. What did Neymar look like standing on the touchline in a leather jacket and gold earrings? What was Marquinhos doing throwing himself to the floor in the last minute despite clearly committing the foul himself? Absolute shower of twats. Seeing them choke in the knockout stages gets more pleasurable every year.

F*****g Bravo. Take a bow.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I hate PSG. The absolute worst of modern football epitomised by one team. You could trawl the entire planet and you’ll never find another bunch who manage to pack so much cheating, diving, time wasting, injury feigning, cynical fouling and all round unpleasantness into every performance. What did Neymar look like standing on the touchline in a leather jacket and gold earrings? What was Marquinhos doing throwing himself to the floor in the last minute despite clearly committing the foul himself? Absolute shower of twats. Seeing them choke in the knockout stages gets more pleasurable every year.

This ..... very, very much this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8805931 said:
I think it's brilliant. Detest everything that PSG represent. Always great also to see academy players break through and represent their childhood clubs. We all know what it means to Dunky and I thought it was great to see Rashford bang in that penalty under pressure for his childhood club.

Also bringing on a 17 year old academy player with 5 mins to go.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Me and a Liverpool supporting fella at work were discussing ManUre a couple of weeks ago. We both agreed that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was not a decent manager and ManUre's turnaround was largely due to getting the ever weirder Jose out. We both hoped they'd give him the job before it turned to shite and we could have a chuckle.

I'm not so sure now.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Possibly, but to be in the position of only 1 goal behind, given a 2-0 deficit in the first leg and lord knows how many injuries to 1st team players...that's a pretty decent achievement for any team.

If it was Liverpool people would be lauding them as unlucky heroes.

Fair play, they were in ait at the end. 2 terrible mistakes from PSG. And an assist from the ref.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Rio, Owen and Owen all adamant it wasn't, but I was with Peter Walton on this one. How do you not give that on review? He turns his back on the ball, his arm comes out, is then high, and possibly stops a goal. Not sure it was as clear as the pundits were making out.

Agreed, but didn’t Lineker make himself look a prick when he said defenders should “jockey” with their arms behind their back. Tried to pass it off as a joke when he realised how stupid the suggestion was.

My view is that without VAR no one would have given the penalty (except The Complete And Utter Shyster), but under the VAR system and rules explanations everyone would have given it (except The Complete And Utter Shyster)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Fair play, they were in ait at the end. 2 terrible mistakes from PSG. And an assist from the ref.

Once he was called to review it by the VAR chaps, there was no way the ref was not going to give a penalty. It's not his fault, really.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Agreed, but didn’t Lineker make himself look a prick when he said defenders should “jockey” with their arms behind their back. Tried to pass it off as a joke when he realised how stupid the suggestion was.

My view is that without VAR no one would have given it (except Mike Reid), but under the VAR system and rules explanations everyone would have given it (except Mike Reid)

Yeah agree, you're never giving that in real time, and you are never not giving it on review. In the refs shoes, how does he not give that based on the evidence and the rules?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Once he was called to review it by the VAR chaps, there was no way the ref was not going to give a penalty. It's not his fault, really.

I didn't think it was a penalty until I saw the replay. The ref had to give it as it was hand ball. So no, it wasn't his fault. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here