Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Leaving Neverland- Michael Jackson documentary

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Any examples where the ONLY evidence given in a case where someone was found guilty was a victims testimony alone?

I'd be fascinated.

I would suggest that the post you quote is reference to cases where the perpetrator does not give evidence as opposed to any other witnesses other than the victims. A perpetrator may chose not to take the stand and therefore not give evidence. In the case of Saville and Jackson they will of course never give evidence as you can't prosecute a dead person. However, a formal inquiry may determine they are guilty.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Any examples where the ONLY evidence given in a case where someone was found guilty was a victims testimony alone?

I'd be fascinated.
Well it's the testimony of more than one victim. I expect it has happened (I'd have to look it up). What was the evidence against Max Clifford? Not much other than the victims' testimonies I think. Same for Rolf Harris. I don't think there was much in the way of proof, other than claims by victims.

MJ got cleared before, thanks to other victims standing up for him, and saying that it was usual for him to stay in the same room with kids and nothing would happen. In that latest trial there was very little evidence against him, other than the testimony of victims. I suspect that would have been enough to convict him, were it not for other victims feeling they had to lie to save him.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
duplicate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here