Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Leaving Neverland- Michael Jackson documentary

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Re Kevin Spacey, has he actually been done for anything at this point?

I struggle to put him in the same bracket as that rotter Weinstein anyway. Bit if a collateral damage thing, or so it feels (no need for that-Ed)?

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Re Kevin Spacey, has he actually been done for anything at this point?

I struggle to put him in the same bracket as that rotter Weinstein anyway. Bit if a collateral damage thing, or so it feels (no need for that-Ed)?

Not sure. He definitely lost his job playing an American President for the same thing the real President seems actually proud of. Bizarre.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
There is evidence - the people who he raped say that he raped them. That's evidence, and would be more than enough to put someone away.

Saying something makes it evidence? What? So if I state right now that you are a serial murderer, that is enough to put you in prison, correct?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Not sure. He definitely lost his job playing an American President for the same thing the real President seems actually proud of. Bizarre.
Art not imitating life. Well that's the "post fact" World we seem to be living in I suppose.....

Trump could literally shit in a hat on live TV. Put the hat on his head and then declare his hat shittery "Fake news folks" while wearing the shitted hat. His supporters would say that Hillary also pissed in her hat and that Obama's hat was not only full of shit and piss, but also actually a Taliban hat.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm quoting (a copy and paste actually) from the post to which I originally replied.
Well I wasn't criticising you for getting it wrong, I was simply grouping the posts together, as they were on the same subject. I'm not sure the person you quoted is an authority on the subject.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Saying something makes it evidence? What? So if I state right now that you are a serial murderer, that is enough to put you in prison, correct?
If someone gets murdered, and several people say they saw me do it, and they're believable, then yes, that would typically be enough to put me in prison (unless I can prove otherwise).

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
If someone gets murdered, and several people say they saw me do it, and they're believable, then yes, that would typically be enough to put me in prison (unless I can prove otherwise).
It actually takes a lot less than that to end up in prison, apparently.....

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

You didn't say that. You said they said he did it, and that "saying something" counts as evidence.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Innocent people accused of rape don't tend to have several people accusing them of the same thing, with decades worth of counseling to back up their story.

Unfortunately you were referring to people accused of rape, not just the above.

"That's evidence, and would be more than enough to put someone away."

That's a general term. Hence me saying that's a very worrying philosophy that anyone accused of rape has enough evidence against them to go to be found guilty.

[EDIT]

I see others have now picked you up on your point. No need to reply to this. Glad I'm not going mad.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Did you see the program last night? The father who brought the allegations in '93 was a tw@. The truth of that story does not take away from the other children he also abused.

There is evidence - the people who he raped say that he raped them. That's evidence, and would be more than enough to put someone away.

The people defending him are defending their money.

I haven't seen it yet nope - probably a mistake commenting on this thread on that basis! Don't get me wrong Trig, I'm not defending MJ in any way, I think he probably was guilty of many of these things. I was just saying that I'm not convinced that these allegations are always accurate.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You didn't say that. You said they said he did it, and that "saying something" counts as evidence.
It does. The testimony of eye witnesses does count as evidence. Are you seriously trying to argue that it's not?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Unfortunately you were referring to people accused of rape, not just the above.
Yes, if someone rapes a few children, and those children testify that they've been raped by the same man, and their testimony stands up to scrutiny and is believable, then that can be enough for someone to be convicted.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It does. The testimony of eye witnesses does count as evidence. Are you seriously trying to argue that it's not?

*Sigh* Again. You didn't say that.

You said that someone "saying something" is enough to put someone in prison. ie me saying now that you are a mass murderer is enough to put you in prison potentially.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
*Sigh* Again. You didn't say that.

You said that someone "saying something" is enough to put someone in prison. ie me saying now that you are a mass murderer is enough to put you in prison potentially.
*Sigh* again :rolleyes:

No I did not say 'saying something' is enough. I was replying to a post which said 'there is no evidence'. That post was incorrect, and I said "There is evidence - the people who he raped say that he raped them. That's evidence, and would be more than enough to put someone away."

The victims would of course face questions from the defence, and Jacko would have had a chance to make up some excuses, but their testimony would have been enough for him to be found guilty. The suggestion that their testimony would not be evidence is incorrect.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I said "There is evidence - the people who he raped say that he raped them. That's evidence, and would be more than enough to put someone away."

Your evidence was someone saying something. You then said that saying something is more than enough to put someone away. That is a ****ing ridiculous statement to make, and very dangerous.

The rest is utterly irrelevant, as you didn't say any of it. Stop pretending you said things you didn't.

You stating "he raped them" above is also highly libellous, so unless you make clear you're speaking about a hypothetical situation and not specifically MJ, I would definitely take that down if I was you - I'm sure Bozza wouldn't appreciate it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

You realise that if someone gets murdered there will be a body, or at least there will be a sudden absence of a previously living person. Its called 'evidence'.

When someone says someone did something and all they have to back it up are their own words, this is not evidence. If the accuser can offer unique information about the accused that can be verified (and shown to not be information passed on or found on the internet - like he had a big nob and a tattoo of Peter Pan on his arse), this can help coroborate a story. Then it comes down to burdon of proof. It is not straightforward. Him being 'obviously a wrong 'un' is not evidence.

People's lives have been damaged because of authorities and the court of public opinion acting on false accusation. The former Southampton manager, Dave Jones, is a case in point. There are countless others.

When someone is dead it makes it much easier for people to accuse them of whatever. In the case of Savile the amount of evidence is overwhelming. That said, the physical evidence may well be lacking even in his case (I don't really know - to be honest I don't greatly relish reading 'he said, she said' arguments). In the case of Jackson it seems the trickle of accusations is meagre, despite him being dead. Especially given how weird he was. I would have expected a tsunami of accusations, with large numbers of credible but reluctant witnesses clearly and obviously not simply angling for a bit of fame or money (witnesses like we had with Savile).

I have seen enough acting and indeed even honest delusion in my life to know that no matter how vehement an accuser, no matter how long they have been getting psychiatric help, no matter how ****ed up their life may be, they still may be giving a false account.

I don't particularly want to be manipulated by the way the interviews etc have been presented. What I think about MJ is neither here nor there. Given the way the information is emerging, I doubt we shall ever know the truth for certain. So it is all getting a bit 'News of the World'. For these reasons, I'm out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here