Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] So Energy.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Currently just about to end our fixed deal with Ovo and just checking the confusing market place for a new deal. Looking to stay away from the big six and the two year deal on offer at Ovo does not look to bad when you consider that prices go up by at least 10% every time there is a rise or as good as,plus actually being more careful on your actual usage. However is any NSC user on So Energy ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Currently just about to end our fixed deal with Ovo and just checking the confusing market place for a new deal. Looking to stay away from the big six and the two year deal on offer at Ovo does not look to bad when you consider that prices go up by at least 10% every time there is a rise or as good as,plus actually being more careful on your actual usage. However is any NSC user on So Energy ?

Have you looked at Bulb ? They just reduced their charges based on wholesale costs reducing in December. Very simple to use app, bills based on monthly readings.

This is a referral link where we both get £50 credit if you join. But please check to ensure they will be competitive for you. https://join.bulb.co.uk/refer/dans8870

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Octopus, Which back them

I am with Octopus. Very good last year. My deal is up for renewal and is going up by £250. I am also looking at other companies but haven't found anything yet. May look at bulb again.

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
i switched from EDF Energy to Bulb yesterday and after being initially hesitant then they do seem to be up there with their competitive pricing and transparent one only tariff - EDF have tens of tariffs to choose from

I believe that the energy price cap is raised on 1st April too and all six will be hiking their rates

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I'm with Octopus too. I'm sure my lights are a bit brighter with their electric compared to Scotch power who I was with before. I suppose the electrics get tired though, after coming all that way from Scotland.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Octopus, Which back them
I've ended up with them since my previous provider collapsed last year. They seem good so far with easy to use website for readings. I've done a couple of money supermarket searches and they seem the best deal around at the moment as well.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

KLF

Albion Boleh!
Oct 27, 2004
Living next door to Gully
FWIW I joined So Energy late last year after my previous supplier collapsed and I was given a very poor deal by Total energy who took on the contract. Very quick and easy transfer, very responsive so far and easy to use and clear website. Particularly like that it's 100% green / renewable and that you can vote for how that renewable energy (or majority of it) is generated (wind / solar etc). You can also choose to load up your direct debits over winter (when you use most energy) or level it out to an equal payment each month. Only gripe with all of these cheaper / smaller energy companies is that they are at the back of the queue for SMART metering and will be the last to get that facility. Overall, thumbs up from me so far.

p.s. have sent you a PM with a refer a friend link (free £20 credit to both of our accounts if you use it).

Last edited:

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
I have switched energy companies many times over the last few years, sometimes even having different electricity and gas suppliers.

For the last year I have been with Bulb and have no intention of changing for the foreseeable future. They have one variable tariff which goes up and down with wholesale prices, so you don't have to remember to compare again at the end of your "current deal" as you are always on their best deal, which in turn is consistently one of the best on the market.

Bulb is also 100% renewable, and the website and app are very easy to use.

The only reason not to move to Bulb is if you desperately want/need to be on a fixed price tariff.

I could post my link to get the £50 intro offer, but others have already done so. I can, however, confirm that the process works as I have introduce 3 people over the last year and each has received their £50 credit (and I am £150 up too).

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The amount of my customers who think they actually get a green supply going into their property is laughable. Misleading wording must be getting them sales I guess.

KLF

Albion Boleh!
Oct 27, 2004
The amount of my customers who think they actually get a green supply going into their property is laughable. Misleading wording must be getting them sales I guess.

Are you saying firms like Bulb and So Energy etc who state that their electricity is 100% renewable and receive REGOs to confirm this are not 100% renewable? No-one supplies renewable gas yet - I don't think that's even possible?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
FWIW I joined So Energy late last year after my previous supplier collapsed and I was given a very poor deal by Total energy who took on the contract. Very quick and easy transfer, very responsive so far and easy to use and clear website. Particularly like that it's 100% green / renewable and that you can vote for how that renewable energy (or majority of it) is generated (wind / solar etc). You can also choose to load up your direct debits over winter (when you use most energy) or level it out to an equal payment each month. Only gripe with all of these cheaper / smaller energy companies is that they are at the back of the queue for SMART metering and will be the last to get that facility. Overall, thumbs up from me so far.

p.s. have sent you a PM with a refer a friend link (free £20 credit to both of our accounts if you use it).

Re your Smart meter comment - I switched to OVO over a year ago and was set up with a Smart meter within weeks. Probably not one of the new "standard" meters - is that what you're on the bottom of the list for?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Are you saying firms like Bulb and So Energy etc who state that their electricity is 100% renewable and receive REGOs to confirm this are not 100% renewable? No-one supplies renewable gas yet - I don't think that's even possible?
Your on the same supply as everyone else in the street, load of bullshit.

KLF

Albion Boleh!
Oct 27, 2004
Your on the same supply as everyone else in the street, load of bullshit.

Well of course we are, but everyone knows this right?

We're just entering into a purchasing agreement with the power companies. The difference is for every 100KwH of electricity we as a household consume, 100KwH of electricity is sourced by So Energy and fed into the grid. That doesn't mean that the stuff I actually use is 100% renewable at all times, but it's a bit like the old carbon trading. The more green energy that companies like Bulb etc try to source the more demand there is for it and therefore the more investment there is.

FindonFan

Jul 15, 2014
After years of thinking of an energy move, but worried about the hassle that might accompany such a move I switched yesterday from EON to Octopus. Very easy to switch supplier, and look to be saving £296 this next 12 months. Diary note made to check out the best deal for me again next year.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek

Renewable Gas ? Try the wife !

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I've been happy with Ovo for 4 years now. I like their green energy options [cost slightly more] and they are [were?] doing a good deal on Corgi Boiler/heating/home care cover...if you/anyone, are in the market for that too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here