Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who is the WORST football pundit out there currently?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Steve McManaman

Always comes over as a smug pr*ck and capped it off when we played Liverpool at Anfield and he gave the MOTM award to James Milner (ahead of the outstanding Alisson) "because at least we can interview him in English".

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I've not heard Sutton luckily. I did once have the misfortune to tune in to Simon Jordan on Talkshite. That's two minutes of my life I'll never get back.

As much as I find it hard to say I quite like Simon Jordan and does provide some interesting insight to running a club. Still a tosser though for obvious reasons.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Jame 'he literally took his head off with that challenge' Redknapp

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Merson.

It's staggering that somebody so utterly incompetent at his job actually gets employed in this field. A job which requires one to speak concisely and offer well-thought critical analysis of a football match. Merson can barely string a sentence together, the pathetic specimen that he is, but because the rest of the Soccer Saturday panel is comprised of other washed up old footballers, it's all just "Hahahahaha, you tell 'em, Merse, you loveable old waster, with your slurring LADZ BANTZ and your cheeky cocaine habit". I find him intolerable.

Danny Murphy is also a bore, and has an irritating habit of name dropping at every opportunity. Barely a programme goes by without a "Well when I played with XXX, he was always a quiet lad" or similar.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The Liverpool title challenge is definitely testing the impartiality of the large ex-Scouser media contingent. An edgy Souness can barely keep his shit together in the studio these days when commenting on one of their matches. And any pretence of objectivity is right out of the window with Murphy as well.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Who is the WORST football pundit out there currently?
Top thread :bowdown:

I'm going to go for Jamie Carragher. Obviously he's not the least knowledgeable, but I can't stand having that disgusting spitting **** on my tv.

Purely in terms of least knowledgeable, Christ that's a fierce competition.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Another vote for Dean “well if it was me” Saunders craps on about how brilliant he was aaaaalllll the time.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Tough call between Merson (as thick as pigshit, shouldn't be anywhere near public broadcasting), Owen (talks in cliches, dull, monotone delivery) and McManaman (still wearing his Liverpool kit, red-rimmed specs etc). Crooks would probably be pushing for a top three place if one the others gets ousted.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Many of the names mentioned here are poor pundits - boring, insular and lazy - but for toweringly wilful ignorance and unbelievably mis-placed self confidence you really have to reach in to the depths that only the banterboys on Talksport can plumb.

Micky Quinn is obviously a tedious professional scouser without an original thought in his bovine head but for sheer stupidity and self-preening arrogance I give you...Jason Cundy.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Chris Sutton.
Thread closed.
The guy is an absolute troll! I don't know why broadcasters have him on shows.

I’m still enjoying his mutely laugh, sure it’ll wear off but for now I quite like Chris Sutton. There are many worse. Lineker has become insufferabley smug of late, footballs equivalent of Peter Jones

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Lawrenson = Tedious, unfunny, never brings anything but dull platitudes

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Martin Keown. Heart sinks when I hear him on commentary.

1. Has a. Very. Awkward way of. Talking.
2. Says "for me" after every sentence.
3. Constantly getting laws of the game wrong. Had one the other week when apparently a penalty shouldn't be awarded because the fouled player wouldn't have got the ball.
4. Breathes audibly through his mouth when he stops talking. Like a sharp intake of breathe. Once you notice this it'll drive you bonkers.
5. Awkward "banter" with main commentator.
6. Says nothing analytical of note. Just tells us what a replay is showing.
7. Contrary ****. If a striker shot he should have passed, if he passed he should have shot.
8. "Have I mentioned that I used to be a hard man."
9. Ridiculous Arsenal bias.
10. Mickey Adams called him the worst professional he has ever worked with so that's good enough for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here