Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who is the WORST football pundit out there currently?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It's a pretty crowded field, granted, and these things can evolve over time as new dullards are bizarrely selected to inflict their idiocy on the masses.

But Chris Sutton has to be right up there at the moment. The man only has one gear - be as controversial as possible to disguise the total lack of anything remotely worth hearing.

Complete tool.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's a pretty crowded field, granted, and these things can evolve over time as new dullards are bizarrely selected to inflict their idiocy on the masses.

But Chris Sutton has to be right up there at the moment. The man only has one gear - be as controversial as possible to disguise the total lack of anything remotely worth hearing.

Complete tool.

I actually wouldn't mind Sutton if he had outlandish opinions sprinkled in amongst decent analysis. However, being deliberately controversial 100% of the time simply marks him out as a total cock. His comments on Celtic's reserves being bigger than Leicester are every bit as ignorant as anyone saying Leicester are a bigger club than Celtic.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Another vote for Sutton

Also this week has shown how tedious most of the pundits that have played north of the border are, Hartson also jumping on the bandwagon about Rodgers move being a step down.

Tiptoe through the NSC

Sep 13, 2017
St. Leonards-on-Sea
Robbie Savage. My enjoyment of listening to Wales qualify for their first major tournament since 1958 on Radio 5 Live was totally ruined by, of all things, a Welshman!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've not heard Sutton luckily. I did once have the misfortune to tune in to Simon Jordan on Talkshite. That's two minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I actually wouldn't mind Sutton if he had outlandish opinions sprinkled in amongst decent analysis. However, being deliberately controversial 100% of the time simply marks him out as a total cock. His comments on Celtic's reserves being bigger than Leicester are every bit as ignorant as anyone saying Leicester are a bigger club than Celtic.

But I don't think anyone, even those who understand Rodgers' move, are saying Leicester are a bigger club. What he will have is a bigger salary, better players to work with, better recruitment options, better opposition players and managers, and a hugely bigger challenge. Celtic fans just cannot and will never accept that seeing off cannon fodder every week hugely diminishes the achievement. They are the ultimate big fish in a puddle.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent

Complete tool.

Agree with you on this. He alone makes a BT match dull. Comes across as a right tool.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010

Complete tool.

100% agree.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I've not heard Sutton luckily. I did once have the misfortune to tune in to Simon Jordan on Talkshite. That's two minutes of my life I'll never get back.

odd. I actually think that Simon Jordan comes across very well on the radio. Certainly cuts through a lot of the shite regarding how the game works behind the scenes.

As for pundits - Garth Crooks is the worst by a country mile in my view. Sutton is an antagonistic twunt, but Crooks just hits a nerve with me.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Danny Murphy for me...

He's as interesting as a park bench in a thunder storm, and all he does is agree with everyone else.

A close second is Alan Hansen, who may as well just stop pretending and wear his full Liverpool kit, bobble hat and scarf to the studio.

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here